1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

The call came from his partners phone. He answers it with "hey gomey" or something of that sort. So whomever made the call had access to the DEA phone. I suspect that Hanks boss, the old bald dude, is in cahoots with Gus. It is too convenient that federal forces took down the cartel in Mexico the same time all this is happening. Someone with a great deal of authority would have to approve the raid, and I suspect it was the boss that did so. Additionally, he was the one that gave Gus the tour around the DEA office. So many things point towards them being partners. We know that Gus is incredibly smart and resourceful. I doubt he would over look the importance of having someone inside the DEA.

I imagine Gus has been looking to sever ties with the Mexicans for a long time, and with Walt cooking 200 pounds a week he finally has the in-house production to support his operation.

I thought his cell phone showed "Restricted Number"...I could be wrong though.

2. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

He answers it with "hey gomey" or something of that sort.

One thing I've always wondered about the show is what Hank is actually calling Gomez. Occam's Razor says that it's "Gomey", but for some reason my ears always hear Omie. I thought that this might be a clever play on the fact that Hank was calling Gomez "Homie" but because Gomez is Hispanic the "H" would be silent.

I know it's probably nothing, but that would sort of be cool if it were that way.

3. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Well-Known Member

I thought his cell phone showed "Restricted Number"...I could be wrong though.

I'm not sure. It may have, but I do remember him answering it as if he knew it was his partner calling. It is purely speculation on my part, but I do think there are a lot of things that point towards Gus having a high ranking DEA officer as a partner. It is just most convenient for it to be Hanks boss.

4. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

The call came from his partners phone. He answers it with "hey gomey" or something of that sort.

--he doesn't answer with "gomi". He doesn't know who made the call and called gomi to see if it was him.

--Hank's boss mentioned that you don't kill (try to kill) a DEA agent and get away with it. The order was likely given from Washigton, and he says as much. It's not hard for them to identify (from the boots and the tatoos, etc) which cartel the cousins are from, know who the head of the cartel in Mexico is, and send in Federals (Mexican and US) to kill him (especially to appease Washington).

--he was giving a tour to alot of affluent local businessmen, Gus among them.

5. RedScarf7

RedScarf7 Well-Known Member

All plausible explanations. Again, just speculation on my behalf. Talking about the show just makes me wish Sunday night was coming a little sooner!

6. mgoose

mgoose Well-Known Member

I seem to be the only one really hating on Jesse for awhile now, I find his character grating on my nerves almost as much as Skylar.

7. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

I don't think the order to kill Juan came from Washington or any government agency. IIRC Gus had that satisfied look on his face when he was on the phone with Juan as if he knew what was coming. He also destroyed his cell phone afterwards as though he wants no connection to the killings.

8. mgoose

mgoose Well-Known Member

^yeah I think it's pretty clear gus is making a play to move up the chain, maybe be the man on top

9. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

I seem to be the only one really hating on Jesse for awhile now, I find his character grating on my nerves almost as much as Skylar.

Last episode he was annoying as hell. 1.5 million for three months of work and he acts like he still doesn't get the gravity of the people he works for.

Obviously I don't know what happens next episode, but in the preview they showed him saying $96 million. My guess is that he's referring to the street value of what he and Walt produce, and complains that he is only getting 1.5 million. In other words, there's going to be alot of shit disturbing coming from him.

10. frenchy

frenchy Well-Known Member

Walt junior steals every scene is in,love that kid.him and skinny Pete.
    interesting side note i watched an old Murder She wrote ep (dont break my balls) and Walt was on it,hard to believe its the same guy.

11. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Last episode he was annoying as hell. 1.5 million for three months of work and he acts like he still doesn't get the gravity of the people he works for.

Obviously I don't know what happens next episode, but in the preview they showed him saying $96 million. My guess is that he's referring to the street value of what he and Walt produce, and complains that he is only getting 1.5 million. In other words, there's going to be alot of shit disturbing coming from him.

Yep.

That kid's an idiot and something punishing is going to happen to him.

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Well-Known Member

It appears he's going to get the bright idea to start skimming off the top of their production. That won't end well.

13. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Well-Known Member

Jesse is such an idiot. Hanging out with those 2 losers instead of acting like a professional and sitting back getting seriously paid. What an idiot, he just pisses me off so bad. I suppose the writers and producers of the show would be thrilled to hear me say that.

14. Jekyll

Jekyll Well-Known Member

Did not expect that level of cunning from Schuyler. It's probably gonna come back and bite her in the ass though. Everyone is just getting really sloppy and reckless this season.
    It appears he's going to get the bright idea to start skimming off the top of their production. That won't end well.
    Ya rly. Dude never learns. I used to kinda like him, and thought he'd be a bit smarter post-rehab. But now he's just gotten even dumber, not to mention evil. Seriously, what kind of asshole tries to sell to at an NA meeting?
    Jesse is such an idiot. Hanging out with those 2 losers instead of acting like a professional and sitting back getting seriously paid. What an idiot, he just pisses me off so bad. I suppose the writers and producers of the show would be thrilled to hear me say that.
    Honestly, I think that if the writers have made any bad decisions, it's with him. His incessant stupidity is starting to become unbelievable, especially since he has shown real intelligence at various times.

15. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

Gus is the greatest TV character since Omar

16. whiteslashasian

I was sad when Omar got got. Not sure if I'll feel the same if it happens to Gus. He needs to stick around for a season or two for that to happen.

17. Wallcloud

Wallcloud Well-Known Member

Walt displayed a real moment of cunning when he confronted Gus. Made me sit up and look at Walt in a new and slightly more devious light. I wonder if that was a little foreshadowing?

18. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Who's Omar?

19. whiteslashasian

Who's Omar?

See: The Wire

[​IMG]

20. HORNS

HORNS Well-Known Member

Thanks. I've never watched The Wire, unfortunately.