1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Walt was definitely being manipulative about the chick thing. He felt guilty about Brock and wanted to get rid of them so he got Jesse thinking about whether or not he wanted to tell her everything or keep things from her. He chose to dump her so as not to deal with it.

The speech at the end was more confusing. He was threatening someone most likely Mike. I also like how he didnt give a shit that Jesse dumped the girl.

2. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

Exactly what he was doing.

He is trying to control everything, because he feels he's the smartest and most dangerous/alpha man in the room now.

With the threat, he was saying how even loyal and good employees/associates will get offed if they try to step out of bounds; "too close to the sun" and he feels he's the sun and everything revolves around him.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  3. Teacher

Teacher Well-Known Member

Thus marks the true turning point: Walt is officially too big for his breeches.

4. gort

gort Well-Known Member

God I hate Skylar.

5. Teacher

Yes, I do too. I was starting to dig her getting into the business, but now....

6. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Not BB but do any of you BB fans watch hell on wheels? I notice the first season is on netflix instant and with the next season starting in a week I thought I might give it a try.

7. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I started to really hate her during that episode too, although give her credit she admitted she wished Walt was dead.

Those fucking POS Chrysler cars, ha ha, Walt has the worst taste in cars on earth.

That Lydia needs to taken out. Mike should do it on his own.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

This show is starting to develop a problem. None of the major characters have any redeeming qualities anymore. There is no one to pull for, no one to like.

9. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Their drug dealers, Pio, isn't that kind of the point?

10. Piobaire

Nope. Walt was a desperate underdog, dying of cancer, trying to provide for his family. It's been a long journey but a journey it's been.

11. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Well-Known Member

so you are going to stop watching the show right?
    i guarantee you wont.
    you know who had the same problem...the Sopranos not one redeeming character on the whole show,didt really matter great show.

12. Piobaire

Tony was imminently likable and had several redeeming qualities. I just pull him out as he was the main character. What made the Sopranos interesting was that most characters were a mix of good and bad, human and fiend. Walt's only human part left is his love of his kids and Skylar and the Skylar part is getting creepy.

13. frenchytoo

some would argue that this is the most important of all redeeming human qualities.
    anyway my point is you WILL continue watching so your point is kinda moot.

14. frenchytoo

also i would want to add that jessie has a lot of redeemable qualities,as he proved by saving the chicks life tonight and giving walt the only birthday gift he received.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  15. Piobaire

I'm not sure what your "point" has to do with what I said. The show is supposed to wrap up at the end of the season, so yeah, odds are good I'll finish it out. My point stands as some people, me for instance, will be less satisfied with all the major characters being unlikeable. Also, as I just said, his love for Skylar has become rather creepy.

I noticed you backed right off what you said about the Sopranos, so there goes that point.

I'm not going to argue, as basically I do not really care what you think, but IMO writers run into leaving a bad taste in many viewers mouths when their main guy stops being their main guy. Look what Teacher just said above. He's feeling something along what I said too.

16. Teacher

I agree with you...at this point. Walt is trying to be Tony Montana. However, I think about the flash-forward from the season's cold open, and it makes me wonder how long it'll be before he gets this fiction of his slapped outta him. You have to admit: for a writing team that's been consistantly so good at handling human nature thus far to just transform him into a one-dimensional dick and leave him like that would be unthinkably lazy. He's enjoying his day in the New Mexico sun, but I don't think it'll last

17. Piobaire

Teach, hope you're right. They need to resolved that tension between him and Skylar too...without Walt having her killed, locked up, etc.

18. frenchytoo

okay lets look at the Sopranos.
    whats so different about Walt and Tony?
    as a matter of fact Tony Sopranos is the first time a bad guy was the guy we rooted for on a tv series paving the way for assholes like House and serial killers like Dexter and wait for it...WALT.
    look it up.
    my point about your point is taht as usual you are talking out of your ass,you claim you cant root for the guy anymore so somehow the show is less enjoyable?
    why?
    they dont have to be mutually exclusive.
    i will wager that at the end of the show you will be VERY satisfied because you were entertained with good writing,doesnt have to be morally correct writing as long as its good writing.
    lol,you are watching a show about drug drealers.you want happy ending go watch ER

19. frenchytoo

ps I noticed you backed right off what i said about JESSIE, so there goes that point.

20. Piobaire

You are trying very hard to turn this into a fight and I'm here to tell you I won't let it happen.