1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about this - but I remember reading a news article years ago about an organization that used dozens of people in their transportation organization, all middle aged women. they all have either volvo station wagens or high end mini vans. they operated for years without any interuptions, I am thinking that when you look at the whole organization, not just the drivers, it could add up

2. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

Smugglers, they're a wily lot.:paranoia:

3. frenchytoo

frenchytoo Well-Known Member

so was anybody else surprised and impressed with Skinny Petes tickling of the ivories?

1 person likes this.
  4. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I gotta think it was about Mike, but that Jesse took it to mean him. I loved how Walt was all into Jesse's relationship and then when money came up he was "no, I was talking about the money, not your stupid relationship."

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I liked that. Good character development that makes you think about his back story and what might have lead him to the path he's on now.

I still need to go back and rewatch what Walt said to Jesse, because I didn't quite understand it.

6. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Well-Known Member

Does Walt not realize that if Mike's "guys" don't get their hazard pay, it isn't just Mike's ass on the line? Several of them must have been privy to Walt and Jesse's role in the operation. Paying these guys off is in their best interest if they are going to continue cooking.

The two things that stuck with me from the episode:

- One of the bug guys telling "Yessir" that there was a nanny cam that he disabled. I almost hate to let such a good idea go to waste. I'd love to see Mr. Homeowner watching the video later on and wondering "what are those guys doing?" Also, wouldn't the homeowner be suspicious if the nanny cam didn't capture anything?

- I was just about to start yelling at Marie when Skyler did it for me. Jesus, she is annoying. Also, who names one kid "Marie" and the other "Skyler"? It's like naming one son "Michael" and the other "Dweezil."

7. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

Walt can pretty much manipulate anybody with his eyes closed at this point. The way he dealt with Marie and Jesse was effortless.

8. John Doe

John Doe Well-Known Member

Yeah, and he played the piano pretty good also. ;)

9. frenchytoo

exactly what i was thinking,if they had more time would love to see an ep on Skinny Pete and how he got to be "Skinny".

i rewatched the speech Walt gave,and it can be taken two ways.
    1) Jesse can tell the chick whats up but will be in danger,maybe even from Walt himself (i think it was a veiled threat and Jesse got it eventually)
    2) if you notice he gave Jesse the Speech after he saw Brock,i guess he doesnt want to have to take him out plus the mom permanently eventually when she finds out either by accident or by being told.
    either way i think it was a threat and Jesse got the message.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  10. Baron

Baron Well-Known Member

Actually, the speech had to do with "flying too close to the sun" as he said. I figured it was either a reference to Mike, or a threat to Jesse to mind his allegiances and stay close to Walt.

And about Mike - he's right that they should all pitch in to cover all the expenses, including the "hazard pay" of the ex-employees (I don't think you'd actually need to make them whole, they'd all do cartwheels for fifty cents on the dollar), but to reveal this while dividing up the cash is very bad form and incredibly provocative. I'd definitely express some dismay. Listen asshole, tell me before we do the job, not after.

11. frenchytoo

then why did he break up with the chick,i think he meant his allegiance to Walt and not to her (not Mike) so he wouldnt have a security problem later on and have to dispose of them.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I think you guys are talking about two different things. He's talking about the speech at the end of the episode and you're talking about the conversation they had on the couch at the cook site.

I viewed the talk at the cook site in a different light. I think Walt was speaking to him man-to-man about dealing with a relationship and being in the business. He obviously has had a rough road with Skylar after she figured everything out and was giving Jesse a heads up about that with his girl.

13. frenchytoo

i disagree,i think it wasnt about sincere man to man advice,it was about manipulating Jesse to get rid of her.
    he doesnt care,as shown at the end of the episode when Jesse thought Walt was talking about the relationship when in fact he was talking about the money division.
    i think everything walt does and says now has a self serving purpose.

14. velobran

velobran Well-Known Member

How many people thought Brock would know who Walt was he was introduced to him? We don't know what went down with Walt and Brock and how the poisoning took place.

15. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Well-Known Member

I think Saul was the one that actually did it.

16. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

yeah, I was sure the shit would hit the fan right then

17. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

last 2 epsodes didn't do it for me, also i agree that mike is trying to piss walt of,f with chopping off chunks of money like that, its a power struggle who jesse will side with, i think at the end mike will find out from saul that walt poisoned brock and all hell breaks loose. (thats why walt come back with a shotty)

18. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

19. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

^ Haha, I saw that earlier this morning. Good one.

20. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.