1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Countdown to Breaking Bad!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Teacher, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Well-Known Member

Nice call.

2. in stitches

in stitches Well-Known Member

That is a very solid point you made up their Piob, about Walt destroying Heisenberg and not any other potential foe.

1 person likes this.
  3. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

I think his wife signing off on the killing of Jesse flipped a switch which will allow him to justify more death later for less important reasons.

4. ken

ken Well-Known Member

I just don't see this. If Heisenberg didn't f-- up, then we wouldn't have had as much of the Tuco or Fring incidents. I see Heisenberg as proud and greedy (in that order), but not infallible.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  5. Piobaire

Funny you should mention Tuco like this. Heisenberg was created to deal with Tuco. Heisenberg went into Tuco's hide out, alone, and not only blew it the fuck up but got the money he refused to give Jesse plus more and a deal to distribute. Walter White could not have done that and it was the birth of Heisenberg. So now we have baby Heisenberg, if you will. Heisenberg grew and became infallible; he didn't start out that way. The tale of Breaking Bad is the maturation of Heisenberg, and now quite possibly, how Walter White destroys him.

6. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Totally agree... I'm just saying it was also Heisenberg that got captured by him and only escaped by the skin of his teeth.

7. Piobaire

Baby Heisenberg. ;)

8. in stitches

I want to read about Baby Piob.

9. grundletaint

grundletaint Well-Known Member

Heisenberg has been retired. It stands to reason that Walt is just trying to do whatever he can to keep it that way. People act like he's some schizo that had a personality break or something when it was pretty clear Heisenberg was only a facade to deal with the meth business. It's not like he's fighting some kind of battle for his brain and I think people tend to assume Walt was "taken over" or something when in reality he just needed an image to fit his drug lord actions. Clearly he relied on it heavily when he was building his business but he dropped it pretty quickly when he got out and is currently dealing with things as Walt rather than having some psychotic break that flips him back.

It was a strategy that was needed, used, and ultimately abandoned because he got out of the game.

10. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

From the director of episode.

3 people like this.
  11. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  12. in stitches

gtaint, cant speak for others, but i never read him as a schizo. rather that he goes from persona to persona, as needed. until now, heisenberg has been there to serve, protect and provide for what walt needed and has wanted, dating back to his lost business partnership. he has always been smart enough to employ each persona as needed, and with intent. i always saw his clearly intentional hat wearing as a conscious decision to use heisenberg, and then back to walt when heisenberg served his use.

however, i think the heisenberg persona went further and grew larger and more real than he ever intended. he was able to use it when needed and then shut it off, but it has gone far beyond his control. such as his wanting to retire from gus, or hank chasing him, or lidia and or the nazis calling on him.... walt cant control anymore when heisenberg needs to appear.

it seems he wants to be old family man walt again, and wants heisenberg to be gone. but that is not possible. and his intentionally leaning heavily towards setting heisenberg aside to be walt, is what is unraveling everything.

i think there is a point they are trying to make about a person breaking bad (the term was very much an intentional one, and not just reffering to walt) and how one cant simply compartmentalize what bad they do and separate it from who they are and what they become and the consequenses they bear.

Neo - great blurb. the directing and cinematography this season has been phenomenal.

13. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Well-Known Member

i think it ends the way gilligan described walter, mr. chips turning into scarface, the m80 might be a last stand the same as tony montanas' going down in a blaze of glory.

1 person likes this.
  14. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Really? Walt has made a lot of silly errors over the course of the show.

15. in stitches

My TV memory certainly is not that great, and I do not remember all of the episodes, but I do not recall him behaving quite this carelessly and impetuously in the past. Ymmv

16. Ace_Face

Ace_Face Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

17. ken

ken Well-Known Member

18. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Yea plus he stomped that dude's leg for asking flynn if he pooped his pants.:satisfied:

1 person likes this.
  19. Kasekuchen

Kasekuchen Member

Ah F***, i want those remaining episodes NOW!!!. Na, seriously, only way the story ends without Walt being dead is when Walt goes the road of the dealer/cook to the end and does this as a full time job. Retirement? Bah!

20. ken

ken Well-Known Member

What do you guys think was the significance of Todd checking out the lipstick on Lydia's cup?