• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Costume national

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do dept stores like Saks, Neiman carry anything from this maker? I've noticed some coats and shoes of theirs online lately that are quite nice. I did a search on here for discussion on them and don't see much. Anyone that has anything by them or are familiar- can you speak on the quality level, where to look for their pieces, pricing, etc.? The 2 items I am looking for the hardest this winter are plain toe oxfords and a wool 3/4 coat, and I imagine CN may be an option for these.

pstoller

Reaction score
I've been very happy with the quality of Costume National. The label's style tends to the sleek and modern. So do the cuts, which lean"”no pun intended"”more towards the fit models of Dior Homme and Helmut Lang than of, say, Hugo Boss or even Zegna. For shoes, of course, that won't be an issue. If anything, CN shoes run large. For coats, though, you might have to go one up from your normal size for a good fit; it depends on the item.

I wouldn't say the finish work is up to the likes of Borrelli, but, on average, I'd say it's better than Prada. I've found CN at Barney's; I don't recall seeing it at Saks or Neiman Marcus, but that doesn't mean they don't carry it.

thc

Reaction score
Costume National can get a little *too* funky for me, but once in a while I find something great in their collections. I have a pair of pants and top made out of felt from them. Here in New York, Costume National can be found at Saks, Barneys, Jeffrey and at their own boutique down in SoHo.

I think their clothes are well made and have no complaints about them. At least their look is distinctive.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics