1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Costume National sizing.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mattjames, Mar 6, 2007.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

John,

From stuff I own and was able to meticulously inspect,

full canvassed: Jil Sander, Helmut Lang, Prada (this is not a surprise since they all used to belong to the same group).
    half canvassed: Costume National (City, or not)
    fused: Dolce & Gabbana (mainline, gold chained)

This may not be current, though, except for Jil Sander and Costume National.

!luc

Some Dolce&Gabbana suits are full or half canvassed (don't remember which one) unless I'm mistaken (don't check them very often).

2. mattjames

mattjames Well-Known Member

Is your superstar-code working right now? Mine (the one for 15% off s/s) stopped working a couple of days ago, just when i was planning to buy =(

What is it with these superstar codes? I've never received one.

3. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

What is it with these superstar codes? I've never received one.

Give yoox the bulk of your monthly paycheck for a few months and they'll be more than happy to send one! [​IMG]

Just kidding; I think it has something to do with frequency of purchase in total, without factoring in returns. I spend a whole lot on Yoox, but usually given size or mislabeled items end up returning about half. So, overall I'd say my actual amount spent isn't as much as it would appear. Neverthtless, I consistently get sent a new card each spring. It generally gives you secret sales or discount codes, but it also can help with returns and such or customer service issues.

4. mattjames

Give yoox the bulk of your monthly paycheck for a few months and they'll be more than happy to send one! [​IMG]

Just kidding; I think it has something to do with frequency of purchase in total, without factoring in returns. I spend a whole lot on Yoox, but usually given size or mislabeled items end up returning about half. So, overall I'd say my actual amount spent isn't as much as it would appear. Neverthtless, I consistently get sent a new card each spring. It generally gives you secret sales or discount codes, but it also can help with returns and such or customer service issues.

I spent a lot last year, but haven't bought much since last summer. I would have thought they'd be sending me coupons to try and tempt me back.

How does it help with returns and customer service issues?

5. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

How does it help with returns and customer service issues?

I don't know that it actually does; it just seems to me that they tend to expedite problems/issues more quickly/easily for me now than when I wasn't a superstar. It makes sense; obviously they'd want to retain the business of customers who spend $100's of dollars a month with them...

But, I should have been clearer, in that I don't think there is a stated or "upgraded" customer service; it's mostly just sort of 'leeway.' Also, since you aren't in the USA, your policies and such might be totally different, as might be the benefits or qualifications for "superstardom."

6. mattjames

I've certainly never been given a superstar grading. Those bastards.

7. mattjames

So I received these trousers today. http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/COSTUM...834_50_5_2R_89 I decided the likelihood of the size 50 fitting me was slim (no pun intended), so I just went with the 48. It's actually slightly loose, but wearable. I measured it at a smidge under 34. Keep that in mind if ordering any of the CN range in that cut. Yoox has a lot of them right now. I wasn't overly impressed with the quality at that price. I bought a pair of grey wool Tonello pants that were cheaper and better IMO. But they look good and will be nice and cool in the summer. It's nice that the inseam was perfect and will not need altering.

8. oulipien

oulipien Well-Known Member

This is an old but appropriately titled thread ... do their shoes run true to size? Thinking of getting a pair used whose current owner says they fit large for him, but who knows.