1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Corter Leather Goods - Official Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jay-D, Sep 30, 2010.

1. centrix

centrix Well-Known Member

Seems like I never realized this till I bought the damn bag. I never was interested in corters stuff till the bag, so now I will probably just go back to being disinterested in the brand, like before.

2. foopersuzz

foopersuzz Member

Reading these last few posts is kinda a bummer. I was considering his stuff...

3. tropics

tropics Well-Known Member

this is what i got too. what is the lanyard dealie designed for? also the ring on the wallet? i tried attaching keys but that did not seem too sensible. belt loop?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  4. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Well-Known Member

The lanyard seems to be some sort of keychain, which is how I've used it.

As far as the key ring on the wallet, I suppose it could be useful if you tether it to your belt or something.

1 person likes this.
  5. Chubbs

Chubbs Well-Known Member

If anyone would like to trade a wallet from their grab bag for the passport holder I posted above, let me know.

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

He actually has a fulfillment center that ships his orders. That might be why.

7. Churchill W

Last score from spring grab bag[​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

8. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

oh, so you know him?

regardless, glad to see that you got a grab bag with useful items that aren't redundant.

9. Churchill W

I don't know him personally, but I corresponded with him about a year back when I was trying to sort something out with a copper bracelet. Eh. on redundant. I have one of each of these already in one form or another. Not sure what I will be keeping.

10. adamdurbin

adamdurbin Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

This is my haul from the new grab bag. I have to say, I am really impressed. The pictures are the individual orders. In the end, a saddle tan iPhone case, two card holders (natural, color 8), a belt loop (natural), and two bottle hooks - silver and brass.

I was really unimpressed with the winter one and swore off buying another but relented. This is amazing.

If anyone has a travel wallet or a passport holder, I am in for trades

Last edited: Jul 24, 2014
  11. Neognosis

Neognosis Well-Known Member

Ordered a standard utility belt the first week on March 7, paid via PayPal

Heard nothing for 4 weeks.

Emailed the guy, heard nothing. I opened a PayPal dispute, which was never addressed.

Emailed again five days later, and got a brief response that the materials had just come in for the belt and would be made shipped in a few days.

The belt was shipped on April 18th.

12. pizzadreams

pizzadreams New Member

My Summer 2014 grab bag just arrived:

iPhone 5 Sleeve (Blood Red)
    Standard Card Sleeve (Blood Red)
    Brass Bottlehook
    Belt Look Key Ring (Natural)

They all look sharp but I am looking to trade any of these items for just about anything else, especially a bifold or cardholder.

[​IMG]

13. santacruzpwom

santacruzpwom New Member

Corter is such a joke. Don't waste your time.

I sent an email in June asking for a replacement bottlehook after my "high quality" steel one broke. I received a response saying that he would send send one out right away after I sent him a picture of the broken one.

I have yet to see a replacement bottlehook 3.5 months later.

14. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Tanner, on the other hand, is great! They replaced my belt buckle and covered shipping both ways.

15. zazaza

zazaza Well-Known Member

same exact thing happened to me.
    It snapped, he asked for a photo, i sent it.
    A month later i asked where it was and was told "i'm so busy, after the holidays"

that was last xmas.

I don't care how great (or in this case, shoddy) your product is, if you have poor customer service you won't last.

16. Burzan

Burzan Well-Known Member

Seems things aren't great in the Corter thread. I have experienced some similar customer service issues the past two times I have ordered and I will likely not purchase again from him. I recently bought a winter 2014 grab bag so we'll see what kind of stuff arrives with that.

I think Ashland and Tanner Goods will be getting my business from now on.

17. auto-bite

auto-bite Well-Known Member

I purchased a corter belt not to long ago during one of his sales. I have to say it took exactly the amount of time he told me it would and communication via email was fine. The belt quality i have to say is pretty amazing. i didn't expect the leather to be so thick. Can't wait for this belt to break in nicely.

18. Oligarch

Oligarch Well-Known Member

19. auto-bite

auto-bite Well-Known Member

20. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Well-Known Member

Has anyone ordered from Corter recently? Have the customer service and speed of delivery improved? Would you recommend this vendor now? I'm looking at the bifold wallet in natural for $99 and got cold feet after reading the negative posts above. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015