1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cordovan

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by 5thave, May 11, 2005.

1. 5thave

5thave Active Member

Are cordovan's wearable in the summer or does it get just too hot?

2. RIDER

RIDER Well-Known Member

The stereotype is that they are...but I have taken more orders this season on Shell Cordovan shoes than any Fall season I can remember. And I added a real heavy-weight for stock in shell Cordovan, and it's sold well...no problems or complaints. I just think there has been a rebirth in the Classics, and Shell fit's the bill.

3. bch

bch Well-Known Member

I live in S. Florida. It's hot today. I am wearing shell cord oxfords. If there is a difference between cordo and calf, heat-wise, I don't notice any.

4. Will

Will Well-Known Member

I have four pair of cordovan casuals and I don't notice any temperature difference between them and box calf.

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

I never wear socks with mine, so I don't notice if it was ever too hot.

6. Kai

Kai Well-Known Member

I've never noticed any difference.

If you have sweaty feet, wear merino wool socks. Much better than cotton.

7. Horace

Horace Well-Known Member

I love cordo but I don't much wear it during summer more for the aesthetics than for comfort. Exceptions being the cordo 8 tassle from Brooks, which I'll still wear with a suit or trousers/jacket.