1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

2. staxringold

staxringold Well-Known Member

3. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

4. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Meant to order the Trembles yesterday and got distracted, fortunately they were still there today. Still some nice Drake's scarves and pocket squares available, but the choices are dwindling.

5. labravajazz

labravajazz Well-Known Member

Only thing to worry about is the size as Barneys say UK 11 US 12 - i bought Manioc Heschung a few weeks back also at great reduction and the box says UK11.5 US12 - i find the UK size is about right ie 11.5 and as such about half size too big. Same situation re the Trembles?

6. saint

saint Well-Known Member

^^^I have a pair of the Trembles in black marked 11.5 and a pair of the Rhus also 11.5, they fit me just about perfectly, a little snug in the width at first but they loosen up a bit over time.

7. labravajazz

labravajazz Well-Known Member

Just wondered did Barneys sell them as UK 11 / US 12, whereas the box actually says 11.5UK/12 US My point is that their advertised size marking is out by 1/2 size! Great boots Heschung though, they don't get much love on SF I think ......

8. vestbash

vestbash Well-Known Member

Speaking of Heschung, does anyone know if they do private label? I have some boots that I recently purchased that I suspect to be of French origin. Decent mid level goodyear welt construction, dovetail toplifts and nail patterns similar to that of several Northampton shoemakers, but completely unmarked with regards to country of origin and the size and serial stamps are unlike those that I am familiar with.

9. saint

saint Well-Known Member

The box I have doesn't reference a UK size, it says Eur 11.5/US 12.

Paraboot and Weston do Goodyear construction, not sure Heschung does, but I'm by no means an expert on French shoes.

10. mr monty

mr monty Well-Known Member

11. saint

saint Well-Known Member

They are nice gloves, but the sizing is a little off, in Dents or Merola I take a 9/9.5 in the Barney's gloves I take a 10. The peccary skin is very supple and the linings are nice, so well worth the money. There are also some Chester Jeffries gloves that look good.

12. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

Pretty fantastic deal!

+1. I have some Chester Jefferies carpincho gloves already, or I would definitely have grabbed a pair of those Barneys.

13. isshinryu101

isshinryu101 Well-Known Member

even that full size is less than actual. More like 1.5 size difference.

14. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Well-Known Member

Strange. I found the opposite. 8 in Dents/ 7.5 in these Barney's.

15. Chopper88

Chopper88 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about getting those peccary gloves, but am not sure about the sizing, since there are apparently 100 ways to determine size, and even then it's still brand dependant. Have 9 in current calfskin gloves, but they feel a little loose.

Could you guys tell me your measurements? Preferably when measured like below.
    Mine are 17cm/6.7" in length and 21cm/8.3" width.

[​IMG]

16. saint

saint Well-Known Member

^^^^ using that method my hands measure 9.5x8, and I took a 10 in those gloves.

17. Chopper88

Chopper88 Well-Known Member

Thanks for taking the time to measure!
    Wanted to see how the sizing/measurements compare to other gloves lying around here was.
    Only a size 8 was left in dark brown, and there was only one pair. So I decided to bite the bullet; just ordered them. We'll see [​IMG]
    I did see there was a pair in size 9 at the regular Barneys site, but they were still $269 or so. Wonder what the idea behind putting size 8 on clearance, and keeping size 9 'just on sale' is...

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

some great stuff in your sig

19. saint

saint Well-Known Member

Thanks, trying to thin out the shoes that don't fit me well. It's gonna be a long process!

20. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

i hear yah. what else are you looking to move?