1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RJman, Feb 5, 2010.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

2. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Well-Known Member

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Just received these today, they are Shoehealer exclusives, these would be considered AS country line (on par with Trickers). I didnt see a thread so i wanted to see what thoughts are on these, i am unsure if i will put them up for sale. They are grain leather, and very soft with a dainite sole. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. vinouspleasure

vinouspleasure Well-Known Member

5. SimonC

SimonC Well-Known Member

$200 BIN for a (slightly careworn) Hermes wallet.

6. Morning

Morning Active Member

Just received these today, they are Shoehealer exclusives, these would be considered AS country line (on par with Trickers). I didnt see a thread so i wanted to see what thoughts are on these, i am unsure if i will put them up for sale. They are grain leather, and very soft with a dainite sole.

They look pretty awesome! The last seems to be more elegant and not as countryish and sturdy as most other brogue boots. Been looking for something similar for myself. Just wished that the side of the outsole was darker.
    Depending on price and size I might be interested in buying.

7. Achilles_

Achilles_ Well-Known Member

Just received these today, they are Shoehealer exclusives, these would be considered AS country line (on par with Trickers). I didnt see a thread so i wanted to see what thoughts are on these, i am unsure if i will put them up for sale. They are grain leather, and very soft with a dainite sole.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Those look great! Link to boots?

8. edmorel

edmorel Well-Known Member

9. greekgeek

greekgeek Well-Known Member

Alden dark suede chukkas basically being given away (NIB, $250 shipped, $40 cheaper than seconds from shoemart), kop is you are a 9 or 11:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Awesome deal, even with the new higher price. ($275)

10. sinnedk

Those look great! Link to boots?

https://www.shoehealer.co.uk/

unfortunately only size 8 w/commando sole are left

11. sinnedk

They look pretty awesome! The last seems to be more elegant and not as countryish and sturdy as most other brogue boots. Been looking for something similar for myself. Just wished that the side of the outsole was darker.
    Depending on price and size I might be interested in buying.

hey they were total of about $405 shipped (cant remember exact because of exchange rate), I am a size 11 so these are 10UK and are a bit big, but with thick socks should be ok. I am still undecided about keeping, i picked them up from dhl in morning and only had time to take a few pics and try them on once. If i decide to sell i'll let you know. BTW the last is what sold them to me...

12. greekgeek

greekgeek Well-Known Member

Vtg NOS, NIB Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots with some cool marketing ephemera. Seller has a couple pair, size 10-11 ITRC.

If the marketing lit. is to be believed, these boots are 3-ply horsehide, with Shell Cordovan as we know it today nestled in as the center layer.

The 3 layer horsehide is even used for the soles! [​IMG]

Don't tell the SW&D guys who bought the modern version... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

13. NAMOR

NAMOR Well-Known Member

Vtg NOS, NIB Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots with some cool marketing ephemera. Seller has a couple pair, size 10-11 ITRC. If the marketing lit. is to be believed, these boots are 3-ply horsehide, with Shell Cordovan as we know it today nestled in as the center layer. The 3 layer horsehide is even used for the soles! [​IMG] Don't tell the SW&D guys who bought the modern version... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110677999584&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
    Very Nice. Anyone want to bet that these sell for over $450? You can have the under

14. sinnedk

Very Nice. Anyone want to bet that these sell for over $450? You can have the under
    nice boots but not worth $450... wolverine is not up to that par... 200 is too much imo,

15. jhcam8

jhcam8 Well-Known Member

^^^
    That's a lot of shell - great find.

16. sinnedk

^^^
    That's a lot of shell - great find.

i guess your right, i didnt notice its shell,

17. rebel222

rebel222 Well-Known Member

I don't think they will sell for that much. They aren't tanned like current shell. They also don't have the same characteristics as current shell cordovan shoes.

18. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member