• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cool non-iPhone Cellular Phones

aleksandr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
What's the best smartphone that has real buttons/keyboard? I can't handle texting with a touchscreen.

Um, any Blackberry? I like the Bold2.

loveswatching

Reaction score
I am probably gonna order the HTC evo but having second thoughts due to its bulky frame. Verizon Incredible sits much better but the plans are expensive.

bkk

Reaction score
Called T-Mobile about the Android 2.2 for the G1. They reitterated no chance it will be on the G1, and if I'm having sluggish response, download a task manager to close out apps. Its the first time T-Mo customer service basically threw their hands up and didn't offer a real fix for once of my issues.

StylenotFashion

Reaction score
I just picked up the HTC Droid Incredible...

and guess what....

Livin the Dream

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bkk
Called T-Mobile about the Android 2.2 for the G1. They reitterated no chance it will be on the G1, and if I'm having sluggish response, download a task manager to close out apps. Its the first time T-Mo customer service basically threw their hands up and didn't offer a real fix for once of my issues.

Its being worked on being ported right now. So as long as your G1 is rooted you will be good to go. Otherwise, buy a new phone, that sucker is ooooooold

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess what I got?

The iPhone.

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Castle
sony_ericsson_satio_hands-on-20-361x480.jpg

Why would you recommend this phone? or any Sony Ericsson to anybody?

I have the Satio myself and it is in theory a great phone but neglect from Sony Ericsson is frustrating Satio (and all SE phone) customers all over the world. I wouldn't recommend the Satio or any SE phone to anybody.
confused.gif

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lemmywinks
Guess what I got?

The iPhone.

So you've picked up an iPhone 3GS in the same month everyone believes the new model will be announced? Wouldn't say it was good timing.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I needed a new phone. Not really a huge fan of the 4G because of how it looks but we'll see. There's also that whole data plan thing.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is there any real difference between the HTC Desire and the Nexus One? HTC Desire has the Sense UI but what else? I'm thinking about picking up the Desire because my WindowsMobile phone is driving me nuts and I just can't get myself to jump into the iPhone 4 hype (in addition, the iPhone will be more than twice the price of the HTC).

HTC Evo looks nice but I'm not seeing how it could benefit me as the 3G connections already are **** where I live.

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Like nobody has seriously recommended the Droid? Are you kidding? I like using my Droid better than the iPhone.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

needler

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Stylish Pilot
Nokia n8 http://events.nokia.com/NokiaN8/ insane. In the fall...
Is it still using symbian? Then nobody (in the US anyway) wants it. It's funny, HTC has exploded into a market that could have been Nokia's if they'd just couple their hardware prowess with a freely available OS people actually want to use.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Plus I'm less than enthusiastic about the screen resolution of 640x360 pixel. That's outdated in my opinion and not really that awesome to surf the web.

Pilot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by needler
Is it still using symbian? Then nobody (in the US anyway) wants it. It's funny, HTC has exploded into a market that could have been Nokia's if they'd just couple their hardware prowess with a freely available OS people actually want to use.

Yep symbian 3. I like my symbian stuff on my e71

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads