1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cool non-iPhone Cellular Phones

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by lemmywinks, May 9, 2010.

1. holymadness

holymadness Well-Known Member

Man, that is awful. Canada is in the same shit situation, but ever since the country's only GSM carrier got exclusive access to the iphone, I hear the two others have both converted their networks to be GSM compatible (they were formerly CDMA).

Anyway, North America doesn't compare to Europe for compatibility, but prices in France are atrocious (and manipulated).

2. WSW

WSW Well-Known Member

Pre-ordered the HTC Evo today at Radioshack. You get a $20 gift card, although you have to put down a $50 deposit. Was told phone runs at $200 with new 2 yr contract.

Can't wait till June 4th!

3. lemmywinks

lemmywinks Well-Known Member

What's the best smartphone that has real buttons/keyboard? I can't handle texting with a touchscreen.

4. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

Right now, I am gonna say Moto Droid/Milestone, though the second gen is gonna come out later this year

5. frenchy

frenchy Well-Known Member

What's the best smartphone that has real buttons/keyboard? I can't handle texting with a touchscreen.

just got the HTC snap and love it

6. aleksandr

aleksandr Well-Known Member

Um, any Blackberry? I like the Bold2.

7. loveswatching

loveswatching Well-Known Member

I am probably gonna order the HTC evo but having second thoughts due to its bulky frame. Verizon Incredible sits much better but the plans are expensive.

8. bkk

bkk Well-Known Member

Called T-Mobile about the Android 2.2 for the G1. They reitterated no chance it will be on the G1, and if I'm having sluggish response, download a task manager to close out apps. Its the first time T-Mo customer service basically threw their hands up and didn't offer a real fix for once of my issues.

9. StylenotFashion

StylenotFashion Well-Known Member

I just picked up the HTC Droid Incredible...

and guess what....

Livin the Dream

10. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

Called T-Mobile about the Android 2.2 for the G1. They reitterated no chance it will be on the G1, and if I'm having sluggish response, download a task manager to close out apps. Its the first time T-Mo customer service basically threw their hands up and didn't offer a real fix for once of my issues.

Its being worked on being ported right now. So as long as your G1 is rooted you will be good to go. Otherwise, buy a new phone, that sucker is ooooooold

11. lemmywinks

Guess what I got?

The iPhone.

12. Monaco

Monaco Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Why would you recommend this phone? or any Sony Ericsson to anybody?

I have the Satio myself and it is in theory a great phone but neglect from Sony Ericsson is frustrating Satio (and all SE phone) customers all over the world. I wouldn't recommend the Satio or any SE phone to anybody. [​IMG]

13. Szeph el raton

Szeph el raton Well-Known Member

Guess what I got?

The iPhone.

So you've picked up an iPhone 3GS in the same month everyone believes the new model will be announced? Wouldn't say it was good timing.

14. lemmywinks

I needed a new phone. Not really a huge fan of the 4G because of how it looks but we'll see. There's also that whole data plan thing.

15. Szeph el raton

So is there any real difference between the HTC Desire and the Nexus One? HTC Desire has the Sense UI but what else? I'm thinking about picking up the Desire because my WindowsMobile phone is driving me nuts and I just can't get myself to jump into the iPhone 4 hype (in addition, the iPhone will be more than twice the price of the HTC).

HTC Evo looks nice but I'm not seeing how it could benefit me as the 3G connections already are shit where I live.

16. dmash

dmash Well-Known Member

Like nobody has seriously recommended the Droid? Are you kidding? I like using my Droid better than the iPhone.

17. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

18. needler

needler Well-Known Member

Nokia n8 http://events.nokia.com/NokiaN8/ insane. In the fall...
    Is it still using symbian? Then nobody (in the US anyway) wants it. It's funny, HTC has exploded into a market that could have been Nokia's if they'd just couple their hardware prowess with a freely available OS people actually want to use.

19. Szeph el raton

Plus I'm less than enthusiastic about the screen resolution of 640x360 pixel. That's outdated in my opinion and not really that awesome to surf the web.

20. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Is it still using symbian? Then nobody (in the US anyway) wants it. It's funny, HTC has exploded into a market that could have been Nokia's if they'd just couple their hardware prowess with a freely available OS people actually want to use.

Yep symbian 3. I like my symbian stuff on my e71