1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Converse Slim footwear,for a 27 y/o man, do they were a size bigger?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by adamt, Nov 3, 2012.

1. adamt

adamt Well-Known Member

First off, are these converse slim suitable for a 27 y/o's wardrobe?]

[​IMG][​IMG]

As i mainly use dark brown boat shoes for casual wear, i want to get some footwear to replace my Adidas Stan Smith trainers - a classic plain white shoe

So was wondering what people think of the above converse slim trainers, for weekend/daytime casual wear (shops, cinema, restaurant, town shopping , friends, etc) with denim jeans, chinos, cargos,and sweatpants,

they look quite versatile so could they be worn with a casual shirt, sweater/cardigan as well as a t-shirt & jacket?

- i just need a casual white shoe but not too sporty like trainers/sneakers are

also do they were a size big? e.g. im a size UK 8, so is size UK 9 more suitable?

thanks

Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  2. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

1. They are fine.

2. They (typically) run long and a bit on the narrow size.

3. djt00

djt00 Well-Known Member

how they wouldn't be suitable? first of all 27 years old isn't that old and secondly they're just classic casual white sneakers. if you're unsure, try searching gq.com or something

4. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

At age 27 or even younger, no, probably, not appropriate. The sweatpants even more so than the white sneakers. If going with other people, the look is worse then when alone. But even alone, it's going to 'invite' worse treatment than would, for example, standard casual lace-up (non-sneaker) shoes.

If still choosing sneakers/trainers styling, pick something non-white and more upscale, maybe leather.

5. lckychrmsbboy

lckychrmsbboy Well-Known Member

Those are fine. Take a look at Vans or the Converse Chuck Taylor classics. I'm 28 and wear chucks most of the time when just hanging out with friends. I don't really ever get that dressed up, mostly wear simple basic stuff.

Also they run pretty big. All my other sneakers like Nike SB's, air max, or any sneaker with padding I wear anything from 7.5 - 8.5 and in Converse I wear a 6. I use to wear 6.5 but I think they made them even bigger.

6. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

WTF is this shit?