1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Contemporary Shoes. Streamlined. Narrow. Slim Soles.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Its Me The One & Only, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Its Me The One & Only

Its Me The One & Only Member

Can anybody reccomend some good quality contemporary shoes. I'm after something streamlined, narrow with a slim sole and Pointed/tapered toe. A nice leather or suede.

Something similar to whats shown below. Doesn't necessarily have to be like the modern take on the brogue style.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for any help.

2. designprofessor

designprofessor Well-Known Member

I just tried some To Boot by Adam Derrick. Not this severe, but be cautioned, the elongated toe bumped me down a half size.

3. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

try scrolling thru zappos.com, in the dress shoe-oxfords section...seems like I see a lot of shoes similar to this in my recollections.

and there's at least a handful of similar shoes on Nordstrom.com website too.

4. whnay.

whnay. Well-Known Member

Do you own a broom?

5. Edward Appleby

Edward Appleby Well-Known Member

Do you own a broom?
    Seriously. Those things are fucking startling.

But, if it's what you want, I'd look at Prada or Gucci, on the cheaper side, or Berluti or some of the more high-end Italian cobblers. I remember a while ago someone posted a series of very severe Italian shoes. I don't think they were Mantellassi, but they were something similar.

6. Renault78law

Renault78law Well-Known Member

The C&J Clifford is streamlined and narrow, but doesn't have a slim sole and isn't pointed. It might be a good compromise.
    When you said slim sole, I immediately thought of Artioli.

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Those winklepicker-esque shoes can be found from Patrick Cox to bespoke.

8. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Well-Known Member

Gucci has that very design. I just got a tan pair at NM and am waiting for presale to end to pick them up.

9. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

Those winklepicker-esque shoes can be found from Patrick Cox to bespoke.
    speaking of Cox, George Cox makes a great winklepicker. I used to have a pair, very classic 50s design winklepicker and it's goodyear welted and the soles are very slim.

10. Its Me The One & Only

Its Me The One & Only Member

Thankyou everyone for the reccomendations. Yes, the pair I initially posted do seem quite severe! They don't necessarily have to be THAT severe but somewhat in that vein. Thanks for the George Cox reccomendation Get Smart, I checked out the site and these look quite nice, although am not a fan of the leather they are done in : [​IMG] (Picture doesn't seem to be showing up) Can anybody else reccomend or show me photos of (even better!) shoes that have a slim sole, not bulky at all, and are sleek/streamlined/narrow, matte looking leather or suede, not necessarily as severe as the first picture I posted.

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Well-Known Member

I wouldn't buy a shoe that's THAT pointed. But I seem to recall having seen such pairs in both D&G and YSL's lines. Pretty certain that Oliver Sweeney and Gucci also do them. If you want to pay big bucks, Berluti also offers some extremely pointy models I think.

Don't think any of the more traditional makers have anything that pointy.