1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Considering some white/off white jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by DGP, Jan 17, 2009.

1. dinted voice

dinted voice Well-Known Member

It seems white jeans would be weird, what exactly to wear with that? Earthtone colors?

Take a look through the previous pages for plenty of ideas. I personally like mine best with a chambray work shirt and desert boots.

2. Marcus Brody

Marcus Brody Well-Known Member

Upon consideration, I'm not sure that a sweater works with white jeans at all. It undermines the whole 'cool summer' look that the pants offer. A half-zip, maybe...
    I actually like sweaters with white jeans because of this. I'm not going for the cool summer look when I wear white jeans off season, and I don't want to make it look like i was just super eager to get to that aesthetic, but couldn't pull it off because of weather constraints or something.

I like a rather chunky sweater with white jeans, and sometimes wear an old, blue gray (with specks of off white) Harris tweed jacket with them and it's about as far from a cool summer coat as you can get.

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Well-Known Member

My wife is picking up some white 514s for me today from the Levis Store on her girls-out shopping trip. She goes, "White jeans? Are you SURE?" I said, "Uh, yeah. You saw Quantum with me, remember?" Yes, I'm pathetic.
    Thanks for this line Robert. I used it yesterday and it stopped all negative comments.

4. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

FWIW, GQ has the GAP white selvage jeans in a spread this month.

Still lovin mine.

5. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

J. Crew just put the Straight Fit Tompkins white jean on sale for 19.99 (normally 75). If you go to a store, they might not be marked that way, as was my experience tonight. But just let the clerk know about the online price and they should honor that.

6. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

I like the look of a lighter-weight v-neck w/ white jeans. Light brown or navy v over a gray t-shirt work well for me. I've also made a navy cardigan over a tee work too.

7. Oxnard

Oxnard Well-Known Member

J. Crew just put the Straight Fit Tompkins white jean on sale for 19.99 (normally 75). If you go to a store, they might not be marked that way, as was my experience tonight. But just let the clerk know about the online price and they should honor that.

Just checked those out on the site, would be workable for $20 I am sure. If this was in the classic fit I probably would have already ordered a pair.
    45rpm's white sorahikos have been catching my eye for a while now, I like that it is a bit more of an off-white color.
    [​IMG]

8. London

London Well-Known Member

J crew has some nice off-white selvedge jeans in store. They are expensive though @ $168.

9. ahjota

ahjota Well-Known Member

45rpm's white sorahikos have been catching my eye for a while now, I like that it is a bit more of an off-white color.
    [​IMG]

Souper has a pair of those. They're very nice. Check WAYWT.

10. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

the filenes in dc has about 500 pairs of varvatos star usa white jeans.

11. sazon

sazon Well-Known Member

J crew has some nice off-white selvedge jeans in store. They are expensive though @ $168.

These were re-marked to $125 in many NY area stores I've been in. I copped a pair and don't regret one dime.

12. London

London Well-Known Member

yeah, beautiful jean

13. teddieriley

teddieriley Well-Known Member

Ny thoughts on these ACNE's? http://www.revolveclothing.com/Displ...s&d=b&sc=Jeans Looking to pick up a pair. Not sure how loose the "Generic Boy" fit is, but if it is anything like Nudie Ralf's, that's as slim as I'd care for them to be. Not sure if the rise is too long here, but it seems to measure similar to the Ralf's at 11 inches. I just don't want the sides to bulge out at the hips. Looking to pull off a similar look to PG. Something a bit more than S&D casual.

14. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Well-Known Member

hmm im def in for the some slim white jeans
    i think some 514 style ones would look great with black tees and collared shirts in a mod look or something.

15. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

16. spacemanvt

spacemanvt Well-Known Member

17. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Speaking of white jeans... This morning on Omiru

How could they leave out blue gingham with the sleeves rolled up?

18. Robert

Robert Well-Known Member

Well, they left out a lot of options, really. They seem to have this thing for pairing loafers with almost every casual men's outfit, too. Nary a mention of desert boots.

19. Doppler4000

Doppler4000 Well-Known Member

I actually checked out the Am Eagle whites today and liked them. They're button-fly, slightly off-white, and fit a lot like a 514 with maybe a bit more room in the legs. Most pairs are a bit distressed around the edges, but nothing major. For under $50 would be good to check out and experiment with.

Nearby I saw the Gap whites.... looked almost exactly like the AE jeans from a distance, but the denim is thicker.

20. Kill_switch

Kill_switch Well-Known Member