1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Conservative Business Dress

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

I agree - that outfit might be OK if you are sauntering down a catwalk in Milan but it is completely UNACCEPTABLE for a conservative business environment.
    Yeah? And where do you work? I wore that to work today, and I fit right in. Because it was well chosen and conservative. I'm trying to teach something here. If you don't have something constructive to add, start your own thread about mincing male model attire. I'm sure you're a f*ck*ng expert.

1 person likes this.
  2. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

That tie has Pink in it doesn't it?

Pink = gay [​IMG]

That is an aberration of conservative business dress.

3. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

That tie has Pink in it doesn't it?

Pink = gay [​IMG]

There is no f*cking pink. Buzz off, troll.

1 person likes this.
  4. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

5. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

There is no f*cking pink. Buzz off, troll.

Getting past denial is the first step to recovery of true conservative business dress.

6. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Manton, I can't believe no one has called you on the carpet for that outrageous spread collar. Everyone knows that the POINT collar is the ONLY acceptable collar for conservative business dress. A spread collar is a sure sign of a fruity limey wannabe. You might as well be swishing around in a suit with waist suppression.

And God help you if you have spiked hair.

7. bryce330

bryce330 Well-Known Member

Yeah? And where do you work? I wore that to work today, and I fit right in. Because it was well chosen and conservative. I'm trying to teach something here. If you don't have something constructive to add, start your own thread about mincing male model attire. I'm sure you're a f*ck*ng expert.

If you wore that metrosexual crap to MY office, you would immediately be pegged as a fag and mocked mercilessly.

8. Tomasso

Tomasso Well-Known Member

Somebody's on their third bottle of wine. [​IMG]

9. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Pinko commie fairy bastards. THAT SUIT IS LIGHT GRAY! IT IS NOT CHARCOAL! The lot of you. YOU'RE FIRED! [​IMG] And do please note I used the only proper font for such a discussion, unlike you riff raff! [​IMG]

10. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

[
    [​IMG]
    D

I've seen Donald Trump wear a Pink Tie, I believe he is hiding something.

11. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Manton, I can't believe no one has called you on the carpet for that outrageous spread collar. Everyone knows that the POINT collar is the ONLY acceptable collar for conservative business dress. A spread collar is a sure sign of a fruity limey wannabe. You might as well be swishing around in a suit with waist suppression.

So not only can you not SEE, you can't even READ. "[N]ot too dashingly open, not too mafia-closed." Spread collars and point collars are both NOT CONSERVATIVE. The collar should be medium, in the middle, centrist, moderate, not too much of one, not too much of the other. Whoever told you that a point is conservative is full of $hit. Mob guys and mob poet laureates like Scorcese wear the point. Are they conservative? I DON'T THINK SO.

1 person likes this.
  12. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Somebody's on their third bottle of wine. [​IMG]

If you can't hold your liquor, don't blame me. This, from a guy who wears black suede shoes. You don't have a single conservative thing in your whole closet.

1 person likes this.
  13. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

Dimples are NOT CONSERVATIVE, you Philistine. Dimples = artifice, trying too hard, thinking too much about clothes. Dimples are gay.

[​IMG]

14. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

Pinko commie fairy bastards. THAT SUIT IS LIGHT GRAY! IT IS NOT CHARCOAL!

You don't know $hit. Can't you tell flash effect when you see it? That suit is charcoal. Only pimps wear light gray, and pimps are not conservative.

15. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

Dimples are gay.

Oh huh!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

Only women and girly men should have that kind of waist suppression.

I hope you are at least eating steak and potatoes tonight, probably some veggie lover.

17. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Well-Known Member

How about shoes? They are conspicuously missing from the big picture. No EG 888, JL 8000, C&J 337 or Vass dandy chisel toe gay craps.

18. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

Manton, I know you take all your notes from Molloy, but spread collars are the ANTITHESIS of conservative business dress. Maybe in the big city you like to pair spread collars with your feather boas and fishnets, but my grandpappy didn't wear no spread collar. You can't even buy spread collars at Marshalls. You'd have to waste a bunch of money on a SHIRT to get that kind of nonsense. And that just ain't done.

So not only can you not SEE, you can't even READ. "[N]ot too dashingly open, not too mafia-closed." Spread collars and point collars are both NOT CONSERVATIVE. The collar should be medium, in the middle, centrist, moderate, not too much of one, not too much of the other. Whoever told you that a point is conservative is full of $hit. Mob guys and mob poet laureates like Scorese wear the point. Are they conservative? I DON'T THINK SO.

19. Soph

Soph Well-Known Member

How about shoes? They are conspicuously missing from the big picture. No EG 888, JL 8000, C&J 337 or Vass dandy chisel toe gay craps.

Exactly the U last is for gays The only acceptable Vass for True Conservative Business Dress (TCBDA approved) are:

http://www.budapest.twwt.com/sites/s...s/budapest.jpg

Round, ambigous and no sexual orientation.

Source: TCBDA.com

20. Manton

Manton Well-Known Member

but spread collars are the ANTITHESIS of conservative business dress

Reading comprehension as good as ever, eh, Doc? If that IS your real name ...

That is NOT a spread collar. It is a MEDIUM spread collar. Not too open, not too close. NOT TOO ANYTHING. The essense of Conservative Business Dress is understatement, avoiding the extremes. A true point collar is an EXTREME. Extremism in defese of liberty may be no vice, but extremism in dress is NOT CONSERVATIVE.