1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Conne's food log

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Connemara, Mar 4, 2010.

1. why

why Well-Known Member

Olive oil isn't "healthy" in the manner that broccoli or spinach is, but if you look at its use throughout the Mediterranean you can see why it's a significant component of that cuisine.

Because there are lots of olive trees. [​IMG]

I agree regarding taste, though.

2. why

why Well-Known Member

3. SField

SField Well-Known Member

Because there are lots of olive trees. [​IMG]

I agree regarding taste, though.

Which have been planted for a reason. It's just a better fat than some others, that's all really, and given that it tastes good, people are encouraged to use it.

4. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Which have been planted for a reason. It's just a better fat than some others, that's all really, and given that it tastes good, people are encouraged to use it.

i love olives...in fact i love them so much eat approx 40-50 pitted olives a day

5. underwearer

underwearer Well-Known Member

1 Lindt 70% cocoa bar (pretty small, 1.2 oz. i think?)

dude ditch the lindt and try hageland Uganda 80%, or Ghiradellis 86% midnight reverie these have a lot better flavor than lindt , the best you can get in a supermarket IMO.

6. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

Were we talking about factory made OJ the whole time? News to me. Even if we were my arguments hold water still. There's always a better healthier choice out there. Oranges as a fruit aren't even the best choice. So its byproducts can't be either.

For the record, I was speaking of fresh OJ. Quenching your thirst on that in the morning can be very satisfying. IMO, more so than eating the fruit. Would this be a proper time to add ymmv?

To me factory made OJ is always a big dissapoint.

I'm glad you at least agree on the factory-made stuff. However, as far as thirst-quenching, I'd have to take a pass, I don't find OJ or really most other juice appealing most of the time. Probably just the palate at this point as I pretty much stopped drinking juices, soft drinks, etc. Every once in a while I will have something fresh squeezed and mixed when it's out there and looks good, but I'm talking once every couple of months or so.

7. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

I'm glad you at least agree on the factory-made stuff. However, as far as thirst-quenching, I'd have to take a pass, I don't find OJ or really most other juice appealing most of the time. Probably just the palate at this point as I pretty much stopped drinking juices, soft drinks, etc. Every once in a while I will have something fresh squeezed and mixed when it's out there and looks good, but I'm talking once every couple of months or so.
    My go to 'soft drink' is tap water. If given a choice I'll drink water over most things except coffee in the morning or at certain nights beer. Sometimes tea from loose leaves (Darjeeling or Lapsang souchong or something like it). There is nothing better, to me, than cold water. OJ is only for some times. I just wondered why it seemed so strange to you that people drink oj. I guess we mostly agree. Only I wonder at other things. For example, why people willingly smell like (nivea) cream* or a fruit forrest. OJ I get, more or less. *When I swim in a public pool I can taste (yes) the different kinds of cream and perfume women (mostly) use. Quite off putting.

8. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

3/8/10 Kind of had two breakfasts. 8AM: handful of blueberries and a cup of coffee 10:30AM: 3 scrambled eggs, three multigrain crackers with three small slices of Vermont cheddar ([​IMG]) and a cup of coffee Grilled chicken breast, mozzarella, tomato, spinach, pesto, balsamic on rosemary roll. So delicious. 2 carrots Some blueberries Diet Pepsi (stfu SField) and water 1 peanut butter cup, Reese's. They really don't taste as good as I recall so I tossed out the other one.

9. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

^Please don't post in this thread. We're talking about OJ here.

10. why

why Well-Known Member

Which have been planted for a reason.

lolwut

They're native to the region...

11. Flambeur

My go to 'soft drink' is tap water. If given a choice I'll drink water over most things except coffee in the morning or at certain nights beer. Sometimes tea from loose leaves (Darjeeling or Lapsang souchong or something like it).

There is nothing better, to me, than cold water. OJ is only for some times. I just wondered why it seemed so strange to you that people drink oj.

I guess we mostly agree. Only I wonder at other things. For example, why people willingly smell like (nivea) cream* or a fruit forrest. OJ I get, more or less.

*When I swim in a public pool I can taste (yes) the different kinds of cream and perfume women (mostly) use. Quite off putting.

[​IMG]

12. Flambeur

So far today I've had:

about a liter of coffee (no cream or sugar)
    a couple liters of tea (no cream or sugar)
    almost a pound of slow roasted pork (made myself last night)
    some veggie soup
    an apple
    multi + fish oil

Discuss.

13. Connemara

This is not Flambeur's food log.

14. Slopho

Slopho Well-Known Member

Conne's food log...stardate -312817.4778348555. I'm fat and nobody likes me.

15. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Conne, you're bitching about your weight in this threak and bitching (bragging) about a hangover in another?

You see any irony in there?

16. Connemara

Conne, you're bitching about your weight in this threak and bitching (bragging) about a hangover in another? You see any irony in there?
    That was a joke. I haven't been drunk in a couple of weeks now. I ordered a small pizza. I've been good lately, time for a reward.

17. Kris

Kris Well-Known Member

I got a "food log" for ya, and this log don't float.

18. SField

SField Well-Known Member

lolwut

They're native to the region...

You ever been to an olive orchard? They didn't exactly grow in neat little rows by themselves...

19. APK

APK Well-Known Member

I ordered a small pizza. I've been good lately, time for a reward.

Hopefully this, too, is a joke.

20. why

why Well-Known Member

You ever been to an olive orchard? They didn't exactly grow in neat little rows by themselves...

And pigs don't naturally live in pens.

The cuisine developed around olive oil because that's what was there. The trees aren't planted specifically for their flavor in the objective sense, they're planted because they grow easily and the oil has a nice flavor. It's not a 'better fat' than others, it's primarily just plentiful so the cuisines where olive trees grow like easily like in the meridionale regions make more use of it than say, butter in settentrionale areas or France, or lard in Germany.