1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Conne's food log

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Connemara, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I just ate half a bacon, artichoke heart, and pesto pizza. But Conne is still a fatass!

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

Here's a hypothetical day. Breakfast Scrambled eggs (5 whites, 2 yolks) Apple Snack Almonds Glass of skim milk Lunch Salad with grilled chicken and light oil & vinegar dressing (Not Ranch or Caesar or anything described as creamy) (Workout) Post Workout Protein shake (milk + scoop of whey) Banana (You don't want fats after a workout; it slows protein digestion) Dinner Fish Veggies

3. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

"Yo, ding-dong, man! Ding-dong, ding-dong! Yo!"

4. otter

otter Well-Known Member

Here's a hypothetical day.

Breakfast

Scrambled eggs (5 whites, 2 yolks)
    Apple

Snack

Almonds
    Glass of skim milk

Lunch

Salad with grilled chicken and light oil & vinegar dressing (Not Ranch or Caesar or anything described as creamy)

(Workout)

Post Workout

Protein shake (milk + scoop of whey)
    Banana (You don't want fats after a workout; it slows protein digestion)

Dinner

Fish
    Veggies

probably need an extra meal, be it shake or solid

also recommend more complex carbs and fibre,especially for your breakfast eg oats

5. why

why Well-Known Member

Never thought I'd say this, but please stop shitting up Conne's thread.

6. manofstyle

manofstyle Well-Known Member

You need to be hard on yourself to progress. None of this will be fun, and it's likely you will fail.

Yesterday I had:

3 cans tuna, 1 can baked beans, 1 mini microwave pizza, 2 protein shakes - about 1,500 cals

Exercise: deadlifts, rows, curls, weighted crunches

7. APK

APK Well-Known Member

You want a diet that's 40/40/20 split in terms of macro-nutritients. That means 40 % of your calories should come from healthy carb sources, 40% from proteins, and 20% from healthy fats. What's a healthy fat and healthy carb source? Something that isn't processed. You should know what that means by now. If not, just jump off a bridge.

It should be a split of 40% protein / 40% fat / 20% carbs if he's trying to drop weight. The standard is a 40/30/30 mix of P/F/C. Unless he's getting a ton of physical activity, more carbs isn't going to help him. By all accounts, he gets the bulk of his exercise right now whacking it and twisting caps off of liquor bottles. I'd be going for a caloric and carb reduction.

8. StephenHero

It should be a split of 40% protein / 40% fat / 20% carbs if he's trying to drop weight. The standard is a 40/30/30 mix of P/F/C. Unless he's getting a ton of physical activity, more carbs isn't going to help him. By all accounts, he gets the bulk of his exercise right now whacking it and twisting caps off of liquor bottles. I'd be going for a caloric and carb reduction.

The density of the fats does him no good in his hunger management. And he needs the energy. A low carb diet is the perfect recipe to get him back to where he started after he inevitably fails.

9. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Carbs don't do anything for hunger management, either, especially if it's shit like white bread, bagels, etc. Get your carbs from lots of vegetables and some fruit. I've been doing this and haven't noticed any difference in energy levels or performance in the gym. If anything, I think my workouts have gotten more productive.

10. StephenHero

Assuming he's eating unprocessed carbs like I told him to, they have a lower calorie density than all healthy fat sources.

11. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I just ate half a bacon, artichoke heart, and pesto pizza. But Conne is still a fatass!
    Lucky you. [​IMG]
    And if you're going to insist on drinking alcohol because you're an alcoholic, sticks to clear 80-proof liquors with diet mixers and stand while you drink if you're at a bar. You burn quite a few calories standing for an hour relative to sitting.
    I really don't drink as much as I used to. I haven't had a drop in over a week, may have some wine tonight, but I've been taking it easy. I hope that helps with the weight loss. Here's today's log, so far. 3/5/10 3 scrambled eggs w/pepper and a pinch of sea salt 1 cup black coffee 1 multi-grain toast w/unsalted peanut butter 2 humongous carrots 1 cup black coffee 1 apple Curried chicken salad, lettuce, tomato on rye bread Handful of potato chips 1 Kashi TLC cereal bar Half of a 1.2 oz. Lindt 70% cocoa chocolate bar

12. oman

oman Well-Known Member

you should take up smoking, it can really help with this sort of thing

13. oman

oman Well-Known Member

i mean imagine if you could just replace your lists with, like: 3/5/10 BREAKFAST 1 cigarette LUNCH 1 cigarette 1 cigarette 1 cigarette DINNER 1 cigarette, 1 cigarette 1 cigarette 1 cigarette

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    you should take up smoking, it can really help with this sort of thing

Or meth.

15. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

i mean imagine if you could just replace your lists with, like:

3/5/10

BREAKFAST

1 cigarette

LUNCH

1 cigarette
    1 cigarette
    1 cigarette

DINNER

1 cigarette, 1 cigarette
    1 cigarette

1 cigarette

Add coffee and it's the best weight-loss diet ever.

16. milosz

milosz Well-Known Member

Does Conne have to document semen intake?

17. why

why Well-Known Member

Does Conne have to document semen intake?

Normally it's neglible, but in Conne's case he probably should.

18. Connemara

Connemara Well-Known Member

I really want to order pizza. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Zenny

Zenny Well-Known Member

subscribed for the before/after pics.

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I really want to order pizza. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I will break your weak will by telling you what I eat and then calling you fat, like so:

Tonight, I had breaded olives and herb cream cheese, apple wood rotisserie chicken, fava beans and greens, bread, some goat cheese, and a gin and tonic.

Lard-ass!