1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Conan may be replaced by Leno

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Dentata, Jan 7, 2010.

1. StephenHero

StephenHero Well-Known Member

Where would Leno walk?

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Leno doesn't need the money.
    He might walk just to spite NBC.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Did anyone see Conan's monday show? His monologue and opening little bit involving jokes about nbc and the whole situation with himself was really funny. You can tell he's definitely pissed as he should be

4. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

nbc is 4th in a field of 3. shit network no one watches.

5. tagutcow

tagutcow Well-Known Member

It would be the gracious thing to do.

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Want to see conan leave for fox or just quit and then leno hang it up too. Would be funny.

7. mainy

mainy Well-Known Member

haha, all this drama, while the most talented host in late night - craig ferguson - continues to toil in relative anonymity

8. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Well-Known Member

Want to see conan leave for fox or just quit and then leno hang it up too. Would be funny.

+1, one big FU to NBC.

9. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

IIRC Conan's contract with NBC stipulates that neither he nor the Tonight Show will be moved from the 11:30 time slot. NBC is fucked.

Their experiment has failed, and the fix they propose is going to cost them at least the balance of Conan's contract.
    [​IMG]

10. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

IIRC Conan's contract with NBC stipulates that neither he nor the Tonight Show will be moved from the 11:30 time slot. NBC is fucked.

Their experiment has failed, and the fix they propose is going to cost them at least the balance of Conan's contract.
    [​IMG]

I thought I had read that there was no stipulation for the TIME of airing, so long as it's still branded as The Tonight Show?

11. Gradstudent78

Gradstudent78 Well-Known Member

I thought I had read that there was no stipulation for the TIME of airing, so long as it's still branded as The Tonight Show?

This is what I heard as well.

12. chrome_dout

chrome_dout Well-Known Member

That's what I read too. I seriously can't believe ABC would keep Kimmel and pass on Conan. That seems like a no brainer to me.

13. chrome_dout

chrome_dout Well-Known Member

Double post...damn you SF lag. [​IMG]

14. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

That's what I read too. I seriously can't believe ABC would keep Kimmel and pass on Conan. That seems like a no brainer to me.

Maybe, unlike NBC, they actually have scruples and would prefer to work with and improve the person they have contracted for a job, rather than dumping him.

15. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

It would be the gracious thing to do.

Owning 5000 cars costs money.

He'd be better off becoming a mechanic, re-selling Doritos, standing behind his wife's great literary pieces, or joining the cast of Jersey Shore.

16. hboogz

hboogz Well-Known Member

Maybe, unlike NBC, they actually have scruples and would prefer to work with and improve the person they have contracted for a job, rather than dumping him.

Ouch..

Sure, i can deal with Leno, but keeping Leno around and, effectively, preferring Leno over Conan by moving his slot to 11:30 is a slap to Conan.

Will the tonight show brand recover a year from now with leno reclaiming the 11:30 spot ? Probably. The management of the whole issue has been amateur at best. Conan signed a contract 6 years ago to take over the tonight show time slot, why the fuck would NBC want to lead into the new tonight show with the previous tonight show host ? Residual viewer ratings ? That made no sense and was a recipe for disaster from the jump.

Plain terrible and for the record, i hope conan goes to HBO. I'm sure his humor has been bottled up for years and would be even better on a late-night cable version.

17. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

I've always had a little sympathy for Jay, considering how much he's been jerked around, but this strikes me as inexcusable. You'd think he'd have some empathy for Conan.

18. A Y

A Y Well-Known Member

This link:

http://tv.gawker.com/5445941/conan-o...n-and-ferguson

is a good summary of the commentary that the other late night hosts have made about the situation including video excerpts. Conan comments pretty bluntly about his situation, Dave is pretty harsh to Leno and Carson Daly, and even Craig Ferguson weighs in.

--Andre

19. SField

SField Well-Known Member

Conan's bits and skits are absolutely god awful, but I find him hysterical in interviews. In fact I wish that format of shows would be like 90% interview as opposed to like 40% that it is now.

20. Lovely World

Lovely World Member

When this happens, I sure hope Conan gets picked up by another network and put on a show on the same slot and beat Leno's ass.