• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects SS 08 (Hat0rs Unwelcome)

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
image6copydz8.jpg

these will be copped when i get around to it

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
^that would be a huge downgrade for you, trust me

Downgrade from my current stellar shoe collection, or downgrade from CP? Both, perhaps.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
I like those desert/chukka boot things. How does the sizing run? Does anyone in Seattle stock them? (Blackbird or Barney's hopefully?)

Robin,

Blackbird carries CP, but I'm not sure if they have the new collection yet, lmk if you find out though, I'd prolly cop those grey perfs at 20% off with free shipping.

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The grey suede lows are the best looking sneaker i have ever seen.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those chukka sneakers are pretty freakin awesome. however CP prices are not!

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd get a pair of these if they didn't get indigo all over them.
frown.gif

Lachy

Reaction score
Where can I get those grey chukkas online? I'm digging them!

Deluks917

Reaction score
Obviously the shoes look sick. I might actually get them if i can find 300 bucks or so.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The grey dessies are nice, the first time I saw CP and had a split second of "i want those" cross my mind, then thankfully leave quickly as $300 for sneakers is a bit much for me

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I like those suede chukkas a lot, but I just can't bite at that price. I've been getting a hankering for the Opening Cermony suede laceups though. I've got to get over to that store one of these days.
I have the grey laceups you're talking about and i don't think they're worth retail if it's above $300. Styling is on point, but the overall feel to them leaves a bit to be desired. I'm not a quality expert but they feel like an under $200 kinda shoe. I think the OC stuf retails around CP prices or maybe slightly below and my experience with the CP shoes i bought that were too big for me in december, CP is definitely nicer. Then again, the CP shoes are much different style wise for all the models. I don't think the perforated shoes are full perforated. I head there is a lining underneath. Am i the only one who is not a huge fan of the chukkas with the sneaker midsole? I don't know, i want a similar pair but i think i'm just going to go with the grey (not sand) clarks deserts. I still covet a pair of white perfs, those ones CS reposted and maybe a pair of dress shoes (do they have laced versions?) Whether i have the money to buy is another question.

bsyde82

Reaction score
anyone know if the low grey suedes on south willard is the same color as the desert boot? they both say "warm grey", but the low tops look like a light tan or something...wondering if its just the particular photo

bigwhale

Reaction score
Man, I'd be all over the grey suede chukkas and lows, but how is anyone who wears raws w/them going to deal with the crazy indigo stains. I guess you could just not care how they look without jeans covering them. But if you want the option to wear jeans with small openings that don't cover the shoe at all like Dior 19cms, then you're not gonna wanna show the whole shoe w/indigo stays all over them.

I've got the white achilles and those are easy as hell to clean. But my suede mids have indigo stains all over them and I can't get the indigo stains out at all. Any solutions for suede?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads