1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Common Projects SS 08 (Hat0rs Unwelcome)

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Manny Calavera, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Oxnard

Oxnard Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that Revolve put a serious price increase on their Common Projects? Many of the styles are up another $40Seriously thinking about getting some black hi-top patents at some point, cant find the black highs in the regular leather....for anyone who owns any pair in patent leather, how does it look overtime?

2. Brennan Huff

Brennan Huff Well-Known Member

im in the market for desert boots, and those white ones look swell =]

3. Ry'on

Ry'on Well-Known Member

goodfoot vancouver and yorkville have some nice models in larger sizes, and smaller sizes for those looking, the price is reasonable too if you ask www.hyrcollective.com

4. AJL

AJL Well-Known Member

How much can I expect the perforated low tops to stretch across the fore foot. I've had a pair sitting in the closet for the past few months as they were initially tight, but put them on today to see if they would ease up a bit. More than enough length (almost too long), but a bit restrictive up front width-wise. Anyone else with a similar scenario/success story?

5. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

I hear bloomingdales has CPs on pretty deep sale at the moment.

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

I hear bloomingdales has CPs on pretty deep sale at the moment.

No 45's or 46's though [​IMG]

7. chronoaug

Big footed crazy. I need 43s. The ones i'm thinking of are the dress shoes or grey low perfs.

8. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

public service den review:

bb high in white, black, charcoal grey and black patent.

nylon boots (don't seem especially sturdy but look great) in blue-grey and black.

mids in every cocneivable color

same with low tops

patent mids in silver, grey, black, white, and blue patent

mid-top court shoes in several suede colors and white and black leather.

didn't see any of the mentioned/speculated upon den collabs/store exclusives.

9. fftfft

fftfft Well-Known Member

bloomies @ scp has grey perfs left in 45 (picked up 44 for myself) and shell toe whites in several sizes, as well as 2 pairs of the laceless in sizes i don't recall. Paid around $120 for the grey perfs.

10. delirium

delirium Well-Known Member

haha

I tried some CPs on at SCP too. I saw about 5 pairs left on the sales rack.

43 had the white shell toes and white perforated $132.50 and $162 respectively.
    white shell toe also in 45
    black dress in a smaller size

I saw some CPs on the mannequins around the floor too if anyone wants to ask for those. [​IMG]

While they were cool, they still weren't worth it to me. The low tops seemed to be better quality than the perforated dress slip ons. I can see the appeal of the sneakers, but the dress shoes don't seem to be that great.

11. Ry'on

Ry'on Well-Known Member

yo if somebody sees the black leather dress/lacess joints or low top white leathers in 42 I would really appreciate the help in aquiring them....let me know, I'll pay u a couple bucks www.hyrcollective.com

12. mr bunbury

mr bunbury Well-Known Member

If anybody wants to pick up a pair of gray or gray perf low-tops for me on sale at ~$120, I'll gladly pay proxy and shipping.

13. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Well-Known Member

I like the all black suede chukkas the best. but i don't understand why i need to go to CP for that...i saw a pair today by Clark's that was fantastic - and it cost $1100 HKD, probably a third or even half of what the CP would probably cost.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I like the all black suede chukkas the best. but i don't understand why i need to go to CP for that...i saw a pair today by Clark's that was fantastic - and it cost $1100 HKD, probably a third or even half of what the CP would probably cost.

This is silly. I like Clarks desert boots too, but they don't look or feel like Common Projects version, and the leather is much stiffer. I mean, what is the point of buying Yamamoto when you could just get a crepey suit a size of two large? I mean, that was, at least in part, the inspiration for his silhouette.

15. jet

jet Well-Known Member

16. Django

Django Well-Known Member

Desert boots are probably my least like CP; the sneaker sole is just a bad look for them imo.

Going to check out the dress shoes, pricing similar to sneakers? 350 give or take?

17. Ry'on

Ry'on Well-Known Member

ya, I agree, the sneaker sole is a bit too thick for the desert boot body. The dress shoes are deadly - some dudes are selling em on sufu and ebay for like 270...I want them badly but can't pull the trigger...thats a lot better then retail of 450 tho www.hyrcollective.com

18. chronoaug

The only shoes i'm actually interested in buying right now after relooking at all of them are the grey low perfs, navy dress shoes and the black canvas dress shoes. They on supersale in a size 43 somewhere?

19. robin

robin Well-Known Member

20. jet

jet Well-Known Member

I was gonna post that, I like the nylon boots though 330 is steep for that shit.

If they're good in the rain I will cop.