1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Common Projects F/W 12-13

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by afixedpoint, Sep 11, 2012.

1. kappy

kappy Active Member

Anyone know where I might find a pair of low white achilles with some kind of rebate/discount code offer?

2. Qudi

Qudi Well-Known Member

20% off at end clothing with SPRING14

3. dan138zig

dan138zig Well-Known Member

too bad CP prices at endclothing are noticeably higher than at US based stores..

4. Raindrop

Raindrop Well-Known Member

5. dan138zig

^ my bad, I didn't take that into account. too bad they don't accept credit cards from my country :facepalm: would've bought the black mid right away.

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

7. dan138zig

yeah, but it seems that filling out shipping/billing address is required before I can complete checkout and my country is not listed in the drop down menu, but it's listed on the list of shipping rates :confused: any way to get around it? thanks!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  8. yesssir

yesssir Well-Known Member

Endclothing is notorious for getting hit by duties/customs fees too so take that into account.

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Not to mention notoriously poor customer service. Literally one of two places I've been burned since about 1998, personally. And I've shopped at, literally, hundreds of stores.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  10. dan138zig

And other stores aren't? Do they underprice the invoice or something? Depends on the buyer's country I guess because I got hit when I purchased from TBS albeit very small amount.

11. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Well-Known Member

12. bLaZ3n

bLaZ3n Well-Known Member

Im in the USA.. Ive ordered from both End and TBS and have never got hit with a customs charge and I believe underpricing the invoice is illegal

13. SerialComma

SerialComma Well-Known Member

I'm looking to guy my first pair of CP's, and I've spent two weeks going back and forth on which ones to buy. Hoping you guys will have some thoughts on which you think are the most versatile, comfortable, and, well, best (I'm looking for opinions!). I'm looking at three right now:

1. The original Achilles low white

2. The Achilles mesh low white

3. The Achilles gum low gray

If it matters, I plan to buy from Tres Bien.

14. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

i'd go with white. more versatile IMO than 3, and id rather the original than the mesh. ironically i wear my white the least, i wear black more often, but with your options id say 1.

15. brian11

brian11 Member

Quick quesiton. Do the track shoes fit the same as achilles low? Should I get the same size?

16. SerialComma

That's helpful, thank you. I tried on the 45s in the gray suede, and they fit pretty well (slightly large, but the 44s were too snug). Do you know if the originals fit the same as the suede?

17. dan138zig

White is a bit more versatile at least for me because it matches with 90% of my outfit color scheme. And I reckon many people are the same.

1 person likes this.
  18. linds_15

linds_15 Well-Known Member

i dont have any suede achilles, but from what i've read on SF it should be the same, people sometimes adjust sizing with the premium achilles. i had the same issue with sizing but a size down, 44 is a bit too long, but 43 is too tight so i went with 44 for my achilles. some models i went to 43 though since they arent as narrow

19. London

London Well-Known Member

just wear thicker socks for suede achilles

20. SerialComma

Do any of you have the white mesh lows? Do you like them as much as the originals? The latter are sold out in my size, but the mesh look interesting too.