• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects F/W 11-12

karmaguy

Reaction score

you must have size +10 shoe size?

ehh i wear 10s/43s. the ebay hookup was just lucky. the sufu one was someone contacting me. either way, it was really all just luck of the draw

Last edited:

Panzer

Reaction score
Is it worth it to buy the Canvas slip-ons? Will they last that much longer than cheaper canvas sneakers like say Superga, Converse, etc?

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The canvas on mine started to rip pretty fast, but they're still structurally fine a year and a half on. (I think because of the leather lining holding things together?) The sole will probably wear out before the upper.

Desi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you were actually sorry you would not have asked! I think TBS said around May. Those guys blog/flickr has the most information you can find out about them.

Kross

Reaction score
What do you guys think of the Achilles vintage low? Thinking about copping these from TB for 300 but was wondering if maybe I should wait till sales hit and get for around 250? When do ss sales start anyways?

Last edited:

Harbin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you guys think of the Achilles vintage low? Thinking about copping these from TB for 300 but was wondering if maybe I should wait till sales hit and get for around 250? When do ss sales start anyways?

I like the previous ones better with all leather

Hobbs

Reaction score
I'm selling the CP Distressed Officer's Boots in my sig and have received lots of sizing questions looking for comparisons to boots I've never tried on - can anyone here provide a comparison to Clarks desert boots / PS Kasmins / Red Wing Iron Ranger?

Thanks

Gagno905

Reaction score
I haven't worn the CP Officer's boots (as much as I want them!), but I'm a true 10 in shoes and a 42 in CPs. 42 is a US 9 I believe. Did you size down one for the boots too?

For Red Wings I sized down half I believe. Sized down 1.5 for Dayton. Can't comment on Clarks or Kasmins.

nineohtoo

Reaction score
I think when I used to wear Red Wings I usually had 8 or 8.5, and my officer boots are a 40.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There should be some S/S codes for TBS left that would bring it down to $275, still at least 3 months or so from sales and if you want Barneys/Mr. Porter crazy drops probably not until late July

Last edited:

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bored. white cp close up leather pic.

85a331b9.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads