1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

College Wardrobe Improvement Advice?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by BlackShark, Oct 17, 2016.

1. BlackShark

BlackShark New Member

I have a few topics, actually.

I've always been very interested in fashion, but now i'm finally interested in improving my own. I dress pretty casually right now and I'd like to dress better but I'm having some problems getting over the "beginning of improving general wardrobe" hump. So any advice about that would be dope.

I'm also in a field that gets messy pretty frequently, and so I am wondering if I shouldn't even bother improving the style there (it's not something that's going to go away next semester).

I'd really love to be that guy in a nice shirt and jacket/blazer with cool shoes but right now i'm just a casual dude with a hoodie and a tee. So any advice would be great!

2. ClosetEvolution

ClosetEvolution Well-Known Member

Thrift shop. I sent a friend a box of clothes (3 suits, 2 sport coats, 4 slacks) for ~$130. One of the suits had a price tag on the slacks for $168.
    I sent my brother 3 shirts a pair of J Crew chinos and a belt. Total cost to me was <$50. The belt retails for > $60 and 2 of the shirts for over $300.