• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cod5.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
There are literally over one hundred people lined up outside of the campus GameStop. Maybe 200. I don't know that Modern Warfare is going to be THAT good.

I remember there were hundreds of nerds lined up outside of a local gamestop. I was too embarrassed to stand in line so I went to get a milkshake. When I came back 15 minutes later the line had shrunk to about 8 people and I got my copy without a pre-order.

Psyren

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
I'm just really impressed that they took the time to address and "fix" many minor gameplay issues (that I have complained about before) in many clever ways (respawning beacon = genius). Not to mention they have completely expanded upon the core elements of what made COD4 so great and upped the complexity of everything, including level designs. This, IMO, is how game sequels should be made.
Killzone 2 did the respawning beacons before. Also, I hope this isn't as overrated as CoD4.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Psyren
Killzone 2 did the respawning beacons before. Also, I hope this isn't as overrated as CoD4.

No one said the idea was original, but it's implementation in order to solve the problem (downward spiraling map control loss because of limited area respawning) is clever and not at all what I would have suggested.

Pretty dumb that they kept the assist system, not sure why they did that though.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by blofeld
I thought all you PC wonks were boycotting b/c of no dedicated servers?

For COD I'm more interested in the solo campaign. The dedicated server issue if fubar to be sure... but my online time goes to L4D.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I haven't popped it in yet but the booklet is only 9 pages of mostly nothing. This game must be nuts.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cary Grant
The last one was, IMO, possibly the best war/shooter ever made. Excelent story line and really great game play. On the realistic setting it was tough as hell and very engrossing.

(So secretly I fear this version will be hard-pressed to not be a bit of a let down)

I disagree totally. The single-player mode was terrible. It was way too easy. The only reason I play COD4 is because it plays so amazing online.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
I disagree totally. The single-player mode was terrible. It was way too easy. The only reason I play COD4 is because it plays so amazing online.

Are you saying this as someone with 1000 gamer points for this?? Mile high club, it took me a couple dozen tries, but when that 20G pops up...its all worth it.

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Online play is totally overrated. Between guys who glitch and others who use modded controllers, the average non-nerd doesn't stand a chance. Beating it on Veteran, now there in lies a challenge.

Sorry what? I don't use mods or glitches and top scoreboards like a true nerd.

milosz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
According to the single-player mode, Northern VA will look like Berlin circa 1945 within days of an aerial invasion - trenches and bunkers everywhere, bunkers, etc.

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by milosz
According to the single-player mode, Northern VA will look like Berlin circa 1945 within days of an aerial invasion - trenches and bunkers everywhere, bunkers, etc.

Yes, I beat the game yesterday on Normal, I'll go back and beat it on Veteran in a day or so. Nova was used as a site and a mention of PG county here in MD. Good game, and it looks like there will be a part 3.

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is the first video game I have played in 6 months and must say it is awesome. I only play online so I dont bother with missions but online is awesome and I lost all track of time yesterday I played so much.

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
cod4's campaign was outstanding, tons of memorable set-pieces (bridge at end, execution at start, nuke and us guy's death, etc.). mw2's campaign (so far) has been equally excellent (if not better in a few spots).

note i'm not even trying to defend the story...we're talking video games here. seriously ppl.

if you think cod4's campaign is overrated, could you explain why?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics