1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by the_state, Oct 25, 2010.

1. arnathor

arnathor Well-Known Member

So what is the general thought of CM on SF? 7 out of 10 quality, with horrible marketing?

2. JjasonL

JjasonL Well-Known Member

CM, never purchased anything from there.. although i have seen a couple pieces here and there but never pulled the trigger..

3. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

It's an extension of Polo so not totally different from that... I'd say it's definitely a large step up from H&M and Zara and the like. They produce some fashion forward stuff without usually going into silly territory. Actually most of their stuff is pretty classic and each season is fairly consistent to the last. The quality of materials and construction is usually good but basic, nothing fancy but I've never had any issues and I'd say 50-60% of my wardrobe is from them. They also stock and collaborate with several SF approved brands. Most importantly, their full retail prices are too high but they always always come way down. I regularly pick up shirts and pants there for $20-30 and often jackets for about $50-60 and sportscoats and dress pants (or suit seperates) for about $80-100. Usually 50-70% off full retail. I find their stuff pretty classic in terms of cuts, colors, etc with a little mix of fashion in there. TBH I'm more suprised their stuff isn't mentioned or shown in WAYW. I'm convinced most of my stuff would pass for APC if you didn't see the label.

4. bawlin

bawlin Well-Known Member

I used to have a major hate on for Club Monaco but now I can't go in there without buying 3-4 things. It's definitely my favourite mid-tier brand.

5. 7_rocket

7_rocket Well-Known Member

What this young man said.

My casual wardrobe is 95% Club Monaco. Their fit along with J crew is bang on for off the rack

6. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Well-Known Member

blah I'm a consumer whore... pulled the trigger. Not a screaming good deal but I like it (have last season's one all navy with knitted sleeves. Hoping it's burgundy and navy, not brown and navy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. radvinb

radvinb Member

I just received that one!

Its a deep burgundy and navy sleeves. Fairly lightweight, expected full quilting lining but a nice jacket none the less.

1 person likes this.
  8. sholom

sholom Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on the backpacks? Are they decent?

9. knocksteaady

knocksteaady Well-Known Member

10. Jackboot

Jackboot Well-Known Member

Nice pickup. I would definitely be copping one or even two Grant suits on clearance if they fit me better. Unfortunately, they flare out at the chest/lapels. I spoke with a SA at the 5th Ave NY location and was told that lots of guys have this same problem with the Grant fit. My tailor couldn't fix the problem either. Anyone on here notice this fitment issue?

11. althanis

althanis Well-Known Member

I was looking at that earlier today. I really wanted to get the trousers, but wouldn't want to risk the jacket.

Are the trousers vanity sized?

12. 7_rocket

Yep

Just got back from Eaton centre. It was a mad house in there with the sales going on

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  13. althanis

My actual waist is about 31.5 or so. Would the 32 work if I took it in you think? I figure the 28 might be too small to let out enough?

14. trees

trees Well-Known Member

yeah i have the same issue with their suiting and the lapels not sitting flat. the wright cut is a little better with that problem, but its still there.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  15. althanis

People ordered that $599 50% off peacoat and Harris Tweed overcoat right? Any pics?

16. 7_rocket

28 will be too small. I'd get a 32 and take it in.

17. althanis

Woke up this morning and the 30 was back in stock, so I grabbed it. I also grabbed the travel leather wallet to get the order over $150 so I get free shipping. I plan on returning it. Sometimes I feel bad when I do that.

18. 7_rocket

19. tv2177

tv2177 Well-Known Member

I moved from JCrew urban slim fit to Davis chino and find that Davis has a must better fit. But their dress Davis chino also faded with a few washes....Now I am officially defining all CM's chino as my casual chinos. Gotta find another brand for as my dress chino.

20. 7_rocket

Damn. Well good thing I got it in the tan color.

Let me know when you find a good dress chino that won't fade as much as the davis