1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clothes and Your Body ... Physical Irregularities

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by niidawg3, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Xenon

Xenon Well-Known Member

I have very very square shoulders - broad and they go straight across, from my neck to top of shoulders there is barely a half inch drop. Combine this with a prominent chest and small waist and you get a disaster in RTW shirts and jackets.

I ask for waist suppression but most don't seem to understand.

2. Expressions Realia

Expressions Realia Well-Known Member

this may fall in the inappropriate tmi realm [​IMG]

Oh my... You are stirring the pot indeed. Haha.

3. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

I have a gut going, and require the use of a girdle to squeeze into my trim fitting suits. Otherwise, I am the epitome of handsomeness, athletic beauty, and elegance.

4. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

One arm longer than the other. That's it.

5. Lear

Lear Well-Known Member

I have a gut going, and require the use of a girdle to squeeze into my trim fitting suits. Otherwise, I am the epitome of handsomeness, athletic beauty, and elegance.

I've recently been considering this option. I believe they do something specifically for the male physique. But if you compress all of that flesh, surely it has to pop out somewhere else. Where does it go? Or, is the visceral cavity roomy enough to contain it all, like a fully packed holiday suitcase?

Also, supposing it does the job and actually attracts a woman. Won't it put her off... when it comes off? I'd rather she knew the truth at the beginning.

Lear

6. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Well-Known Member

I'm 6'2 and pretty much all leg. We're talking Stacy Kiebleresque proportions. I've also got a prominent, athletic, delicious ass.

All of this makes OTR a serious pain for me. Jackets cut for a man of my height are too long in the torso and too short in the sleeves. Pants are too short at my waist size. Etc., etc., etc. It's pretty much impossible not to look slightly gangly in many outfits, even though I am pretty built these days.

7. Klobber

Klobber Well-Known Member

I've recently been considering this option. I believe they do something specifically for the male physique. But if you compress all of that flesh, surely it has to pop out somewhere else. Where does it go? Or, is the visceral cavity roomy enough to contain it all, like a fully packed holiday suitcase?

Also, supposing it does the job and actually attracts a woman. Won't it put her off... when it comes off? I'd rather she knew the truth at the beginning.

Lear

I use a makeshift girdle which is an ultra tight fitting vest style shirt made from some kind of heat / cold resistant material. Underarmour make them as undershirts - mainly used by hunters on a desert hunting trip or in mid winter Wyoming when temps are below - 10c. The consistency of material is not much unlike a wetsuit.

It does a great job of distributing my bulk around the stomach and gives me the appearance of being much leaner than I am. I usually go a size too small for these type of under garments. Downside is: Not terribly comfortable unless you sit with back vertically, not a great choice for slouchers.

Im not usually a fatso, but have been putting on unwanted weight while I am on time out from exercise (ripped shoulder muscle prevents me doing anything, it hurts even as I type).

Attracting a woman? I am married and my wife is pretty dang hot looking, I do not need to check out other babes. But if I were single, such a vest very much flatters a mans look, particularly if you have broad shoulders, good chest shape. Unless the guy has a beer belly of epic proportions (vest would still make the guy look like a fatso), she would unlikely be too shocked.

A girdle or makeshift vest only works if you carry maybe 10 - 15 extra pounds max. If you have 20 odd pounds around the gut, got to start a 4mile running habit.

8. SilvioDante

SilvioDante Member

3. My butt is very pronounced. Hence, I have problems with suit vents opening, especially single vented ones. Solution: stay away from single vents.

I have the same problem! It sucks because my waist is much smaller than my butt so I will never be able to get a suit slimmed down to where I want it [​IMG]

A thread where we can all commiserate. Me=43 in chest, 33 inch waist, and a booty.

[​IMG]

My tailor recently added this to assist the vents to stay closed while standing, but still maintains functionality. It helps hide the problem, though I still can't take the waist in as much as I'd like.

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Well-Known Member

I need bespoke underwear.

10. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

My left foot is 1/4 size smaller than my right, but nothing so irregular I need bespoke.

Although my GF says that my feet are long and skinny and they look like they stink. A few times I asked her to sniff, which she kindly obliged, and the look of disgust confirmed her suspicion.

Thanks for sharing that.

11. UrbanComposition

UrbanComposition Well-Known Member

I need bespoke underwear.
    [​IMG]

the good lord doesn't know how hard it is to find dick minimizers. I must be cursed.

12. chet31

chet31 Well-Known Member

Skinny, narrow shoulders, largish chest, big butt, skinny legs, an OTR nightmare.

13. Lear

Lear Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Klobber

Think I'll go without any constriction. Best to be honest in these matters.

Lear