1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cloth brush for suits and coats

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ircfas133, Dec 17, 2012.

1. jerrybrowne

jerrybrowne Well-Known Member

Real Yoshitomo Nara edition?

2. woolymammoth

woolymammoth Well-Known Member

It's a gift from the Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago; it says Cereal Art Project, other than that I think it's just an ashtray.

3. srdeacon47

srdeacon47 New Member

what they do not tell you is that prolonged use of lint rollers will leave a residue on your suits and such that make them difficult to dry clean when the time comes. stick with the traditional brush, you will be better off in the long run.

4. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get a suit brush and found these Kent double-sided seconds on eBay that everyone talks about: http://www.ebay.com/itm/DOUBLE-SIDE...923?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20d543fffb

Question is, are these the same brushes as the CC20? The pics of the CC20 show it to have all black bristles on both sides, while the image in the listing for the factory second brush shows white outer bristles on one side.

5. topos

topos Well-Known Member

I don't have a complete answer, but I'd guess "no", and not just because of the bristle color difference. I bought the brush you linked to on ebay, and its handle is a different shape than the cc20 (I'm looking at the amazon picture). But maybe the handle shapes for the same model vary; I really have no idea. In any case, the brush you linked to works fine for me. Also: I have no idea why the brush that was delivered to me is a "second". It looks perfect.

6. Flyswatter

Thanks for the reply. I went ahead and bought one of the seconded brushes in the eBay link. Figure it's a pretty good deal regardless, and I'd rather not spend close to $100 (or more) on a first quality brush. As long as it works the same, I'm good with it. :) And most reviews I've read of the Kent factory second brushes say the same thing you did: no clue what the blemish is that caused them to be deemed seconds.

Quick question, what do you mainly use the brush for? The description was rather lacking in terms of specifically what uses each side is for. I'm just looking to use mine on suits...

7. topos

topos Well-Known Member

I threw out the box (which you'll receive), but I think it said something like both sides can be used for wool but only one side should be used for cashmere. But I don't recall exactly, and I'm fairly sure I decided not to remember because I don't own any cashmere. Whatever the case, I use it to dust off my jackets/pants to further justify my dry cleaning procrastination.

8. Flyswatter

Cool, thanks for the info. I don't own any cashmere either so I should be good to go. ;)

9. Seattleguy84

Seattleguy84 Member

Hi All -

I have am hunting for a travel size cashmere brush. I have the standard size Kent cashmere brush, but am wondering if anyone knows of a travel size brush suitable for cashmere? I have the travel size brush for wool and suits from Kent, but am concerned it may be too stiff for the delicate cashmere. Any thoughts?