1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

[Closed] S/S'16 Sartoria Formosa Pre-Orders

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by gdl203, Dec 10, 2015.

How many are you getting??

Poll closed Dec 18, 2015.
  1. 1

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. 2

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. More!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. justinkapur

justinkapur Well-Known Member

Grey trousers, navy tie

2. jtorres94

jtorres94 Well-Known Member

So now just comes back to me risking it and being a test dummy, hmm. I'm seriously tempted.

3. justinkapur

Just placed my order for the houndstooth sportcoat and the seersucker suit

Waiting game begins:slayer::slayer::slayer:

1 person likes this.
  4. tee84

tee84 Well-Known Member

So, I hesitate to write this because: a) in no way am I speaking from a position of expertise here (only personal experience); and, b) I'm not sure it would be a good plan to do a pre-order without having tried on a Formosa previously. But, keeping in mind that this is just my rough and ready measurement, and taking it with whatever level of caution you think is appropriate ... I have a few Formosa jackets in size 44R. They seem to have about a 98.5cm chest measurement and a 44cm shoulder measurement. And, here is where it gets especially subjective (or at least where I feel least confident about what I'm saying): the regular size seems to be about the same length as the NMWA Eidos 46R. Maybe very slightly shorter. So, if you want significantly shorter from the Formosa, then a 44 short might be a better bet.

I hope that is helpful, but again I really can only promise that I'm doing my best to give you a rough guide here...

5. jtorres94

jtorres94 Well-Known Member

[/quote]
    This is actually extremely helpful considering I was really concerned with the shoulder width. Since I can see the measurements of other sizes I felt I would need a Short over Regular no matter what since these jackets run longer than what I'm used to, thoug. But thank you again, at least I know the shoulders and chest will be where I need.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Well-Known Member

If i had any available funds I would have been in for the tobacco suit and the houndstooth jacket. Maybe the drapers green as well. Just bad timing currently.

7. justinkapur

This is actually extremely helpful considering I was really concerned with the shoulder width. Since I can see the measurements of other sizes I felt I would need a Short over Regular no matter what since these jackets run longer than what I'm used to, thoug. But thank you again, at least I know the shoulders and chest will be where I need.[/quote]

For what its worth, I wear a EU48 in Eidos and Zegna. I wear a EU46 in Formosa, Ring, and Isaia

8. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

I was thinking something with more of an earth tone...i think gray is a little too plain jane for a bold color like merlot.

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Well-Known Member

I'd probably wear the merlot with earth tone greens. But then I like green and have a lot of it.

Also @gs77 noted your nice fit in the CM WAYWRN thread and comment about finding the right size in Formosa. You may be aware of these preorders already, but just in case not I thought I'd draw your attention to this thread.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
  10. 1969

1969 Well-Known Member

Damn that Navy Glenplaid Seersucker is perfect.

11. gs77

gs77 Well-Known Member

Thanks. My favorite would be that wool/silk PoW, but I don't have time to decide now really.

Looking at sizing table, it seams 54L might fit me just fine. Is it understood that Formosa fits a big more generous?

12. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

13. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Last call - all pre-orders going to Naples today

14. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

Just under the wire... :slayer: