1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Classic Mens Shops - A List

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JermynStreet, Aug 10, 2013.

1. europrep

europrep Well-Known Member

Boston: Ari Boston and Mr. Sid (technically Newton, MA)

2. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

In Frankfurt, you have to add Milano on Fressgasse to the list. Beautiful ties, socks, cufflinks, belts, scarves. Truly beautiful stuff.

3. P-K-L

P-K-L Well-Known Member

This is one of the shops which is known as Andrew's ties all around the world - they went for a different name in Germany for some reason...

4. Veremund

Is that a bad thing?

5. SharperLiving

SharperLiving New Member

London
    Rake on Duke Street.

I was served by two people in there: Clive (owner) and Andrew. Both great guys, range is small, but damn good. 20 second walk from Thom Sweeney.
    Also, I'm delighted Drake's has been mentioned. Easily my favourite accessories shop.

6. Veremund

In Frankfurt, add Boggi to the list along with Cove, Eckerle, Sør, Ansons and Abaci.

7. AlexE

AlexE Well-Known Member

Hmmm ... Boggi, Sor, Cove and Eckerle do not really meet the qualification of "small, independent mens shops" with Boggi being an international chain and Sor having 60 stores in Germany. Cove and Eckerle are smaller companies, but each still have 11 locations.

8. SuitedDx

SuitedDx Well-Known Member

I will be in Chicago next week and i will try to drop by all these places...to my wife's chagrin. Are all these accessible via public transportation? The last time I was in Chicago I had a car although we will probably take a train there from MI.

East Lansing, MI
    -?

I will let you guys know if/when I find someone NOT wearing Red Wing or camo gear...

9. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

assuming from Union Station, then yes. You may want to plan and group your visit. PStuart, George Green, Ralph Lauren are within the same vicinity (Mag mile/Oak street area). Syd Jerome is in the Loop area while Haberdash flagship is in South Loop. They also have a couple of smaller locations west of Mag mile...Morris and Sons is also a good stop (South Loop)

Have fun

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  10. ferry1950

ferry1950 Well-Known Member

In Richmond I would add Leviner Wood on Monument ave. great men's shop!

11. garyclark

garyclark Active Member

Unless I'm missing them in the summary, I'm surprised by the lack of NOLA listings here. I only travel there once in awhile, but George Bass is one of the most beautiful menswear shops I've ever seen. It's a small shop of impeccable quality. They're incredibly friendly, informative and generous with conversation and restaurant recommendations.

And Rubensteins's is the definition of a classic American menswear store. Have an Abita while you shop.

While not a full menswear shop, even if you don't wear hats, if you don't at least pay a visit to Meyer the Hatter for the conversation, you're missing out on one of the true old-school New Orleans institutions.

The great thing is that these three very different stores are within a block of each other.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  12. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up Gary. I'll be down in NO in April so I'll be sure to make time to visit these shops.

13. vhempel

vhempel Member

May have missed it but

Denver, CO:

Lawrence Covell

14. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

South of San Francisco is Carmel and home of one of the best specialty menswear stores in the US, Khaki's of Carmel. I wish they would open a store in SF.

15. LaymanX

LaymanX Well-Known Member

Toronto - V Hazelton (Borrelli, Kiton, Finamore, Bontoni, etc) as well as Holt Renfrew

16. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

Add Carson Street Clothiers and NMWA to NYC. Those two places, along with the aforementioned Epaulet and The Armoury, account for the vast majority of my recent clothing purchases.

17. comrade

comrade Well-Known Member

+1