1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

I've yet to see a Clark's desert boot in person. Does the sand suede color look like this:

[​IMG]

Or like this:

[​IMG]

2. jufros

jufros Well-Known Member

more like the above

3. PinkPantser

PinkPantser Well-Known Member

Pink,

As far as I see, there's no 9.5 Sand Suede on Zappos (I reached this conclusion from following your link). Am I missing something?

Oh, yep, you're right. I must have misread the sizes that were available. Sorry about that and good luck finding them.

4. somatoform

somatoform Well-Known Member

A few interesting, but expensive Varvatos variations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Halcyon

Halcyon Well-Known Member

Does anyone know what the sizing equivalent to Chuck Taylors Clarks Desert Boots are? I'm a 7.5 in Chucks and have no idea on how I would go about ordering these online.

6. mrbojangles928

mrbojangles928 Active Member

Does anyone know what the sizing equivalent to Chuck Taylors Clarks Desert Boots are? I'm a 7.5 in Chucks and have no idea on how I would go about ordering these online.

My Desert boots in the suede are the same size as my Chucks. They fit me a little tight at first but actually have quite a bit of give and are a perfect fit right now.

7. Halcyon

My Desert boots in the suede are the same size as my Chucks. They fit me a little tight at first but actually have quite a bit of give and are a perfect fit right now.

Do you think I'd able able to do away with a size 7 or 8? There's a someone on eBay selling these for a decent price and it seems too good to pass up.

8. Johnny_5

Johnny_5 Well-Known Member

A few interesting, but expensive Varvatos variations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can you point me toward where you found these?

9. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

With the desert boots, it's best to buy them the same size as your chucks. I bought a half size bigger, and while they were great at first, they have a lot of give and they stretched out. I had to make more eyelets to keep the boots stable on my feet.

10. converge

converge Well-Known Member

Can you point me toward where you found these?

Zappos and Neiman Marcus both sell them.

11. choptreesv

choptreesv Well-Known Member

12. Willsw

Willsw Well-Known Member

I went to Banana Republic today and tried on the waxed leather Saharas, in order to compare it to Clarks (though someone said they were made by Clarks?). Doing so, I realized I had never actually tried on the original. The BRs were fine, the leather creased visibly lighter immediately, I don't know if that's always the case with beeswaxed leather. I'd give these a try if the Clarks weren't available. They also had bright red suede, for those who like bright red suede...shoes.

Since it was across the street, I also went into J.Crew and tried their leather version. Though the leather looked less treated, it was also much thinner and flimsier, in fact the whole shoe felt rather delicate and not very durable. The leather was very soft, though, and it was like my foot had been wrapped up in a very comfortable crepe-bottomed sock. I don't think I'd buy these, they don't seem like they'd live very long.

13. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

I have four pairs of the banana republic sahara boots (got them on sale for 40 each) and I like them a lot more than Clark's. They have a much sleeker shape and profile, and they provide much better ankle support than clark's desert boots do.

14. Halcyon

Okay, I need some help. The ones listed on eBay, for some reason, are advertised in women's sizes. I wear a 7.5 in Chucks and I'm thinking of going for the size 9 Clarks, which would be a 7 in mens, but Clarks being from the UK and everything, I don't know if I'm doing this right. Many early posts in this thread suggested sizing down 1/2.

15. Halcyon

One last bump for help before auction ends.

16. tigerx

tigerx Well-Known Member

hi, does anyone know where i can get a pair of Clarks Desert Boots in black leather in Toronto? i've tried GetOutside (which is the only store i've seen so far that even have desert boots) but they dont' have my size [​IMG]

17. gmku

gmku Well-Known Member

I don't, but have you checked out Zappos?

18. tigerx

tigerx Well-Known Member

already did no size either....[​IMG]

19. Deluks917

Deluks917 Well-Known Member

Size down alot on these guys imo. 1 full size for me.

20. tigerx

tigerx Well-Known Member

i wears vans size 9.5 and i can't size down from that any further i already tried on the size 9 and couldn't get it to fit.