1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

i know clarks come in only one width. anyone know of a similar boot that comes in wide widths.

The Cabelas boot mentioned in this thread comes in medium or wide, and costs only $70.

2. Casual

Casual Well-Known Member

Have to put a vote in for the classic, Sand suede. Yes, they get grubby quick but that's the appeal. They just don't look right until they are broken in with dark soles and a little character to the suede.

3. Oldboy

Oldboy Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can order online a grey pair in size 9? Zappos only has 12's left. [​IMG]

4. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can order online a grey pair in size 9? Zappos only has 12's left. [​IMG]
    ebay had several different colors in i want to say sizes 7-10 yesterday when i looked.

5. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Ebay is probably your only bet. But according to zappos, they are expecting numerous new Clarks styles this month and next, so I'm hoping they'll reintroduce grey and the beeswax.

6. gene

gene Member

Beeswax is back. I just bought a pair at a Clark's store yesterday and the salesperson said they just got them in a few weeks ago. I think they only had one other color, and I don't remember which one it was.

7. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Well-Known Member

Beeswax is back. I just bought a pair at a Clark's store yesterday and the salesperson said they just got them in a few weeks ago. I think they only had one other color, and I don't remember which one it was.
    Good to hear. I'll be on the lookout.

8. a tailor

a tailor Well-Known Member

thank you xchen.

9. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

You're welcome. If the price on the Clarks is dropped on Zappos anytime soon there is a good chance I might place an order, as I have been wanting a pair for a bit.

10. Seaweed

Seaweed Well-Known Member

fixed

Appropiate fix.

11. graduate

graduate Member

figured that I would ask this question here, being that its a pre-existing Clarks thread, but what do ya'll think of the Wallabees? I am rather fond of these: [​IMG]

12. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

figured that I would ask this question here, being that its a pre-existing Clarks thread, but what do ya'll think of the Wallabees? I am rather fond of these: [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. yerfdog

yerfdog Well-Known Member

Wallabees :thumbsup: (I like the higher tops way more than the low top ones)

14. deputamadre

deputamadre Well-Known Member

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

I have been debating between leather desert boots or the jcrew mcallisters... are the beeswax available here in the US? I glanced at the site and was unable to find them. The only retailer in my area that carries clarks is Journeys and they only seem to carry a few sizes of the desert trek and wallabee. Should i just keep a look out, or are the beeswax liable to turn up on the US site sometime soon?

16. gene

gene Member

I got mine a week ago at the Clark's store in Bellevue, WA. The Martin+Osa store there also had them. No idea why the Clark's US site (which is really Zappos) doesn't have them yet.

17. lee lin

lee lin Well-Known Member

how long do they last? also, how do they compare to doc martens? i've been thinking of getting a 3 eyelet without the yellow stitches.

18. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

I got mine a week ago at the Clark's store in Bellevue, WA. The Martin+Osa store there also had them. No idea why the Clark's US site (which is really Zappos) doesn't have them yet.

you live in bellevue? guess i'm not the only one! there are 3 people so far on SF that i've seen post from bellevue...

19. jps6

jps6 New Member

Hey guys

I really want a pair of clarks desert boots. I live in Hamilton and so want to try on a pair before i buy instaed of risking a wrong size over the net. Where is a store that sells them? Please help me.

Jason
    jps6@waikato.ac.nz

20. xchen

xchen Well-Known Member

JPS, I had the same thing going on as you and went to a store to try them on. I bought them at the Clarks store about a month ago and they are so comfortable. I sized down 1/2 a size from 10.5 to a 10. They fit like a glove and feel perfect. I had tried the 10.5 on before that and they felt horrible, so sizing does make a huge difference with this shoe.

My advice: Order them from www.Zappos.com, you'll get free overnight shipping (both ways in case you need to return them) and it's not such a boo boo if you don't like the sizing. Size down 1/2 a size and you should be golden.