1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Clarks Desert Boots

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jared, Jan 8, 2007.

1. handsometigers

handsometigers Well-Known Member

if you come across a pair of beeswax that are light in color or inconsistent with one another that usually means that people have been trying on those pair of shoes.

2. niix

niix Well-Known Member

if you come across a pair of beeswax that are light in color or inconsistent with one another that usually means that people have been trying on those pair of shoes.

This is true too, any pressure on the leather will change the color.

3. Brattman

Brattman Well-Known Member

Id be very interested in some pics.

Posting to remind myself to take pics after work.

4. gearhead

gearhead Well-Known Member

i just saw the pic num21lock posted, and the purple ones look so cool. anyone kno where to get those? i've been searching online so far and can only find beeswax/tan, colours.
    if anyone knos the purple suede, pm me or something, much appreciated

5. streffert

streffert Active Member

Just received my taupe from eastbay, thought they would be a little lighter, but for 51 bucks I won't complain. Note,i placed the order on oct 6th, just received today due to backorder.

Yes I'm on the throne.
    [​IMG]

6. galeron

galeron Active Member

When I bought my beeswax the sales rep brought out a few different sizes and I noticed a slight color difference between each one.

So when you purchase them you may want to ask if they have a different one in the same size if you're not happy with how light, or dark, they are at first.

So the picture that I posted would be a beeswax colour then?

7. Nykwil

Nykwil Member

bought a pair of size 8 beeswax DBs last week applied 2 coatings of mink oil and a spray of waterproof protection. Pics of me wearing them on day 1 [​IMG] [​IMG] Pics of them a week later. I've purposely have not been gentle with them. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I complained about pinching around the arch toe area and it's stretched a bit and hasnt bothered me much the past few days. I expect more stretching as time goes on, I really hope they end up looking like these: [​IMG] saw someone on the train wearing em, and I liked how they looked.

8. changy

changy Well-Known Member

bought a pair of size 8 beeswax DBs last week applied 2 coatings of mink oil and a spray of waterproof protection.

I thought beeswax =waterproofing

9. Nykwil

Nykwil Member

i dunno it did have a nice waxy feel to em...I just liked that the mink oil made it a bit richer looking..

10. cocks

cocks Well-Known Member

I complained about pinching around the arch toe area and it's stretched a bit and hasnt bothered me much the past few days. I expect more stretching as time goes on,

They pinched like hell for me too at first. I was wondering about that, glad I'm not the only one.

11. handsometigers

handsometigers Well-Known Member

tried on a size 8 (usually I'm a size 9) since people have said to either size down one whole size or half a size. Sitting down, size 8 felt comfortable, but as soon as I started walking I got that "pinching" at my toes like you guys have mentioned. Size 8.5 felt right though. Do DBs really stretch enough?

12. Nykwil

Nykwil Member

tried on a size 8 (usually I'm a size 9) since people have said to either size down one whole size or half a size. Sitting down, size 8 felt comfortable, but as soon as I started walking I got that "pinching" at my toes like you guys have mentioned. Size 8.5 felt right though. Do DBs really stretch enough?
    I've read people sized down a half size but I tried on a 7.5 (i'm a size 8 normally) and it was way too small for me..my big toe was hittin the inner toe wall. Tried an 8 and it was just enough room (mind you i tried them on at the end of the day when your feet is a bit swollen from a long day of walking or standing around) Don't think and 8.5 would've helped the pinching...although getting a slightly wider width might have. Looking at the DB insides, it's not lined with anything fancy and leather does stretch over time so i'm pretty sure the pinching will go away as I've noticed it has gone away a bit the past few days

13. snuff_daddy

snuff_daddy Well-Known Member

20% off all regular priced shoes @ http://www.onlineshoes.com/ discount is applied to item once in shopping cart, they have a lot of clark styles plus free shipping and no tax (for most people) [​IMG]

14. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

They look nice nyk and will age beautifully.

15. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

I've read people sized down a half size but I tried on a 7.5 (i'm a size 8 normally) and it was way too small for me..my big toe was hittin the inner toe wall.

Tried an 8 and it was just enough room (mind you i tried them on at the end of the day when your feet is a bit swollen from a long day of walking or standing around)
    Don't think and 8.5 would've helped the pinching...although getting a slightly wider width might have.

Looking at the DB insides, it's not lined with anything fancy and leather does stretch over time so i'm pretty sure the pinching will go away as I've noticed it has gone away a bit the past few days

this is exceptionally exciting. im looking forward to daily evo pics from you

16. 2balls

2balls Well-Known Member

For all you clarks desert boots lovers. They're on on eastbay.com 30% off sitewide for 2 days only. The discount code is on frontpage of eastbay.

17. bombers

bombers Well-Known Member

Searched their site but I don't think they have free returns. Kinda deal breaker when plenty of other sites have that policy.

18. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Well-Known Member

this is exceptionally exciting. im looking forward to daily evo pics from you

where are my evo pics???

19. dpopat

dpopat Active Member

where's the best place to buy these online in canada? if i wear regular allen edmonds 10.5 D would a 10 fit me?

sorry if it's already been asked but i don't want to read through 260 pages! cheers

20. NachoBroadway

NachoBroadway Well-Known Member

I just ordered the wine red clarks from onlineshoes.com, shipped out the same day. Will post fit picks once they arrive.