1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

CL63 vs M6 vs R8 vs 911 vs V8 Vantage vs Granturismo

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Mr.Pinchy, Oct 25, 2009.

1. A Y

A Y Well-Known Member

I've always thought that after I make my first million, I'll go straight to a Porsche dealer and get a GT2. The Turbo is too bloated, and I'd get myself killed on the way home in a GT3.

I think the GT2 will kill you faster than the GT3.

FWIW, I picked the R8 in the poll.

--Andre

2. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

FWIW, I picked the R8 in the poll.

--Andre

Why do you say that?

3. A Y

A Y Well-Known Member

GT2 uses the higher-powered and -torqued turbo engine, except it makes more power and torque than the Turbo, has a less forgiving suspension, and only drives the rear wheels. There was a rumor that the current GT2 was delayed because Porsche was trying to figure out how to get the power to the ground without doing burn-outs.

--Andre

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Well-Known Member

If I had to chose from the 6, the Turbo would most likely be my choice. Both a GT and a sportscar. The other's all have their flaws.

5. Mr.Pinchy

Mr.Pinchy Well-Known Member

I didn't mention that I'd take the Vantage roadster even though it may be the slowest or worst at the track. Just because it's so beautiful inside (something the Maserati isn't) and out, the presence and the exclusivity of the Vantage. It seems to have the most manners too.

6. Night Owl

Night Owl Well-Known Member

Vantage hardtop all the way

7. paegk

paegk Active Member

Aston or the Audi but most likely the Aston

8. epb

epb Well-Known Member

I selected against the 997 and CL63 because I'd never get to use their abilties often enough in the US. The Maserati needss to lose the portholes. Between the Vantage, R8, and M6, the Vantage will have higher service costs, while the R8 and M6 are just expensive for mainstream brands. So, the R8 wins for it's overall design and more sporting drive, despite neither being much faster than my M Coupe.

9. Mr.Pinchy

So, the R8 wins for it's overall design

I thought that was the worst part about the R8

10. zjpj83

zjpj83 Well-Known Member

for sure

11. dcg

dcg Well-Known Member

My order of preference would be:

Hardtop Vantage
    911 Turbo
    R8
    Maser
    CL63
    M6

12. epb

epb Well-Known Member

I thought that was the worst part about the R8

To me, Audi's on a roll as far as design goes, especially their interiors.

13. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

I've driven the M6 and the Maserati. The M6 is horribly overpriced for what it is. It drove like an M5 and handled like an M3. The one I was in was suped up with 20's and some other extra cool shit. I wouldn't get anywhere near that car for 100large. The Maserati had the nicest interior of any car I've ever been in. Maroon leather and excellent styling. Didn't really have a chance to let it out but it drove pretty smoothly in the few drives I took in it.

If I wanted to race, I'd go with the GT3. To drive, the Aston in a heartbeat. That car is just drop dead gorgeous.

14. Mr.Pinchy

To me, Audi's on a roll as far as design goes, especially their interiors.
    Meh I think the LED light trend that Audi started is overdone and the big carbon fiber bits on the inside and out don't really impress me. That being said out of BMW, MB and Audi, Audi has traditionally been the least powered but most tastefully understated - and that was a nice position. I think they're going outside where they're supposed to be with the R8.

15. turboman808

turboman808 Well-Known Member

Hands down the V8 Vantage is the sexiest thing on 4 wheels. If I had to choose from that list that would be my choice.

However there is one issue and it's the one I am wrestling with right now.

The problem is the 2010 Jaguar XKR. It's only $95k and will blow the doors off every single one of those cars except possibly the 911 turbo. If only I wanted a 911 turbo it would be an easy answer.

The V8 Vantage is basically a uprate Jaguar XKR. However until Aston starts using the new drivetrain there is really no point in buying the Aston right now. Sure on the outside the Aston is sexier. From the drivers seat the jag looks better and my lord it is so much faster and easy to drive.

So now the question is, will Aston even upgrade the V8 Vantage? If they did it would be just as fast as the DB9 and Vanquish. So that would require them to upgrade the whole range. Boy Jaguar is really a thorn in Astons side at the moment.

Also with Paramount Performance $7k upgrade for the XKR you now have 600hp. For under 110 grand you got a luxury GT car that can beat a ZR1 and destroy the 911 turbo.

http://www.paramount-performance.com...nversions.html

For now I am just gonna wait and see what Aston does.

16. Roikins

Roikins Well-Known Member

Hands down the V8 Vantage is the sexiest thing on 4 wheels. If I had to choose from that list that would be my choice.

So now the question is, will Aston even upgrade the V8 Vantage? If they did it would be just as fast as the DB9 and Vanquish. So that would require them to upgrade the whole range. Boy Jaguar is really a thorn in Astons side at the moment.

Also with Paramount Performance $7k upgrade for the XKR you now have 600hp. For under 110 grand you got a luxury GT car that can beat a ZR1 and destroy the 911 turbo.

For now I am just gonna wait and see what Aston does.

They have that new V12 Vantage... or you can go to ESX in Santa Monica and slap on a supercharger to the V8 Vantage for and extra 150+HP. [​IMG]

17. turboman808

turboman808 Well-Known Member

They have that new V12 Vantage... or you can go to ESX in Santa Monica and slap on a supercharger to the V8 Vantage for and extra 150+HP. [​IMG]

As see now your making it even more complicated for me LOL