1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Circumcision

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Tck13, Mar 19, 2007.

1. LSeca

LSeca Well-Known Member

ditto. We called it "the anteater."

In High School after football practice, we had one guy that refused to shower. He was uncircumsised and would get hammered with immature name calling like this.

2. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

There are a number of good reasons to circumcize. One of the best ones nowadays is that the incidence of HIV infection is much lower in circumcised males due to the lack of the sitcky cells which are very compatible with that particular virus present in the foreskin.

My sister has done research on AIDS is sub-saharan Africa and they apparently stopped some studies short to circumcize all the subjects in a control group given the overwhelming evidence showing the reduction in HIV infection due to circumcision. They are now recommending it to everyone there.

3. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

One of my neighbors years ago had a big bumper sticker with a large hand and the words "STOP infant circucision."

4. EL72

EL72 Well-Known Member

I'll be the first to speak up on behlaf of the turtleneck brigade. puritans did this to their children so as to callus the glans and disincentiveize masurbation. Thankfuuly, it wasn't a default setting in norway when I was born. Its widespread practise in the US is clearly a function of the hawkish Israel Lobby. Flame away!

Please tell me this was lame attempt at humor.

5. Joel_Cairo

Joel_Cairo Well-Known Member

Please tell me this was lame attempt at humor.
    yes, yes it was.

6. mack11211

mack11211 Well-Known Member

I don't understand the "lose feeling" people. I mean, how many guys go from uncut to cut after they've started having sex?

Abraham did it.

7. Toiletduck

Toiletduck Well-Known Member

I remember a few people I know getting circumsized well into their teens, they had to take medication to circumvent* erections after the procedure

8. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

My sister has done research on AIDS is sub-saharan Africa and they apparently stopped some studies short to circumcize all the subjects in a control group given the overwhelming evidence showing the reduction in HIV infection due to circumcision. They are now recommending it to everyone there.

I read recently that circomsision protects at a rate of 50% - the quote that I heard was that if a drug was discovered that protected against aids in 50% of the opportunities, it would make huge news, but that nobody was talking about circomsision.

9. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

I read recently that circomsision protects at a rate of 50% - the quote that I heard was that if a drug was discovered that protected against aids in 50% of the opportunities, it would make huge news, but that nobody was talking about circomsision.
    It's because you can't patent a circumcision. Though maybe you could patent a non-Jew process that makes your helmet look cuter.

10. imageWIS

imageWIS Well-Known Member

But do you tip?

LOL. [​IMG]

Jon.

11. kwiteaboy

kwiteaboy Well-Known Member

I'm glad I'm circumcised, but I won't have my son circumcised if I have one.

12. nioh

nioh Well-Known Member

I understand that in the Scandinavian nations circumcision is largely uncommon, even in the past.

Indeed. I can't recall ever hearing about anyone being born here circumcised.

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Thanks tiecollector. That image made my day. [​IMG]

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Well-Known Member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm glad I'm circumcised, but I won't have my son circumcised if I have one.
    Please explain this.

15. Tck13

Tck13 Well-Known Member

Please!

NO MORE PICS!!

For the love of God!

16. JBZ

JBZ Well-Known Member

I don't usually comment on stuff like this, since I don't generally care, but that picture is disgusting and inappropriate for this forum. Please remove it.

17. dkzzzz

dkzzzz Well-Known Member

First I do believe that nature has its purpose in everything. To think that we (humans) are just too damn smart and know how to improve the nature is simply dumb. Thus to cut a piece of foreskin or to remove appendice in all infants or to put infants heads in a square boxes to make their craniums square is just all manifestation of human idiocy.
    Granted in the Middle Ages and earlier there were reasons circumcision was performed. Especially in regions with hot climate and lack of water the circumcision practice had hygienic application which became later a religious one (Jews/Muslims).
    In today modern society (civilized nations) this practice is completely unnecessary.

Second, my cousin moved to Israel at an age of 25 and had to undergo circumcision procedure there. I asked him if it changed his sex life in any way. His answer was definite no and then he added if he had a choice he would've never done it.

18. tiratela

tiratela Well-Known Member

I had it done in 72. It's kind of a "Partial" job. No turtle-neck, but no full helmet either. Doesn't bother me..

I have 2 boys. 12 and 4. When the oldest was born, we did it. But when the youngest was born, we declined after we found that there was no real medical reason to perform it. Children spend 7+ months in a warm womb, only to be taken out and then poked and prodded then have their manhood messed with..

R>.

19. thinman

thinman Well-Known Member

I once knew a doctor who believed so strongly in circumcisions that he did them for free.....

....he just took tips.

20. Quirk

Quirk Well-Known Member

Good God -- this is REDUCED sensation?!?!?!?!