1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

"Christensen" tie knot rediscovered

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lucky Strike, Aug 21, 2006.

1. i99loma

i99loma New Member

I am not sure whether it actually criss crossed on the back (have to double check) but nevertheless it is tied exactly like indicated above and also seems to be very stable as the know was done very firm. I guess I'll see after wearing it for a few hours. Looks ok or?

2. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    but if you watch this video: youtube-link It looks and it's done like mine (and yours, I think)
    I think the video and the diagram diverge in the second picture (of the diagram). In the video the 'A' side is pulled to the other side, behind 'B' (Before going twice around). That makes for a better knot when I try it.

3. Sterling Gillette

Sterling Gillette Well-Known Member

Looks like double FIH with a bit more body (Ã la half-windsor) to it. Maybe that's because it is basically a double FIH with a bit more body to it [​IMG].

4. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

legally speaking, i think you're infringing on "the walmart manager" knot.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's the Christiansen on a shirt:

[​IMG]

I think this looks really cool, but I think there are 2 problems, either folks might think you are trying too hard or they will think you have no clue how to tie a tie...

I think you'd have to pick your situation to use it carefully.

5. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

I like this a lot. To hell what people think, off to practise!

6. drewq40

drewq40 New Member

Forgive me if this is has already been asked and answered.
    That unique Gordian knot! Can I get instructions how to do it? I love it but can't figure out how to put it together!
    Thanks!