1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Chris Brown assaults Rihanna, looking at 9 years

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Connemara, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

You are a mentally troubled guy, TyCoon. Screw these San Fran and New York Styleforum meetups. You, GQGeek, Conne and a few others here ought to get together for a Styleforum Misogynists meetup.

They'd need to rent an arena judging by some of the threads we have here....

2. dl20

dl20 Well-Known Member

way to perpetuate the stereotype CB, idiot

dl

3. Reggs

Reggs Well-Known Member

I read that they are back together too. What a dumb ass bitch.

If this is true, does she deserve sympathy when it happens again?

4. bullethead

bullethead Well-Known Member

^nope. she gets what she deserves.

5. ryoneo

ryoneo Well-Known Member

+1

6. chrome_dout

chrome_dout Well-Known Member

+1

+2
    All of a sudden her music sucks to me as well.

7. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I hadn't heard of them until this incident. There is no excuse whatsoever imo for what he did to her, if the police reports and pics are true. He needs serious help.

As for her, she needs help, too. I understand women often don't leave abusive relationships, but she is not the typical woman. She has access to lots of resources; yet, she goes back to the guy. It doesn't make sense to me.

8. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

You are a mentally troubled guy, TyCoon. Screw these San Fran and New York Styleforum meetups. You, GQGeek, Conne and a few others here ought to get together for a Styleforum Misogynists meetup.

meh. don't mix me with people that advocate beating up girls. kthx!

9. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Apparently they now got married secretly... [​IMG]

10. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

I'm usually happy to hear about newly weds, but this is just sad. [​IMG]

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Well-Known Member

Apparently they now got married secretly... [​IMG]

Did he wear a wifebeater to the wedding?[​IMG]

12. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

When you think of it, as sick as it may be, a pre-nup contract is not a bad place to lock her in with enough incentives that she reconsiders her testimony in court, or even pressing charges altogether...

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

When you think of it, as sick as it may be, a pre-nup contract is not a bad place to lock her in with enough incentives that she reconsiders her testimony in court, or even pressing charges altogether...

I think she's good enough at making money on her own that she doesn't need his..

14. chrome_dout

chrome_dout Well-Known Member

Did he wear a wifebeater to the wedding?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I think she's good enough at making money on her own that she doesn't need his..

I think she pulls in more than CB, being on Jay-Z's label and all. If only she had 1/10 the common sense as she has money....

15. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Right... Everyone knows that summer hit pop star is a fantastic long-term career for a twentysomething...

16. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

Right... Everyone knows that summer hit pop star is a fantastic long-term career for a twentysomething...

Ummm - Rihanna is more than a one-hit wonder.

17. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Ummm - Rihanna is more than a one-hit wonder.
    Could be. We'll revisit this thought in a couple of years when she engages in a food fight in the hot tub with James Blunt and Soulja Boy on The Surreal Life

18. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

Could be. We'll revisit this thought in a couple of years when she engages in a food fight in the hot tub with James Blunt and Soulja Boy on The Surreal Life

qft [​IMG]

19. JesseJB

JesseJB Well-Known Member

Kinda makes me sick that it seems like Chris Brown has gotten even more popular because of this. Like the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards thing and the fact that I'm hearing his music and remixes played in stores a lot more and radio station party busses are blasting his music throughout the city all day...

The fact that he hasn't been ostracised and has been further embraced makes me think our society is much further behind when it comes to this issue than I thought. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that beating up your girlfriend is something that is practically a good thing and a great way to get her to stick with you.

20. JayJay

JayJay Well-Known Member

Kinda makes me sick that it seems like Chris Brown has gotten even more popular because of this. Like the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards thing and the fact that I'm hearing his music and remixes played in stores a lot more and radio station party busses are blasting his music throughout the city all day...

The fact that he hasn't been ostracised and has been further embraced makes me think our society is much further behind when it comes to this issue than I thought. If I didn't know any better, I'd think that beating up your girlfriend is something that is practically a good thing and a great way to get her to stick with you.

I heard people on a call-in show voicing support and trying to make excuses for him. I found this disturbing for there is no justification for him doing what he did to her, even if she did give him an STD.