1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Choosing the stylish norwegian split toe

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by sdolina, Jun 17, 2012.

Please choose one

1. Edward Green Dover

5 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Gaziano & Girling Hove

3 vote(s)
    30.0%
  3. Crockett & Jones Clarendon

2 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Dinckelacker Luzern

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. neither (please advise yours)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sdolina

sdolina Well-Known Member

I start to love norwegian-style derby (aca blucher) shoes, decided that I missed a pair.
    I don't like the rough seams, prefering this style below.
    Next 2 weeks I'll have a chance to try the fit of the lasts during my Europe cartrip.

EG Dover, 606 last, HAF, circa 1200usd
    [​IMG]
    G&G Hove, TG73, single leather sole, circa 1000usd

[​IMG]

or maybe try shoes from another league, still looks and fits well and are cheaper (why not to save few bucks?):

C&J Clarendon in shell (handgrade), 358 last, single leather sole, circa 800usd
    [​IMG]
    Dinckelacker, Luzern last, double leather sole, circ 700usd suede / 890usd cordovan

[​IMG]

Or maybe you don't like all and can give me better advise?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012