1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cheap raw denim?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by weirdnjfan1, Mar 17, 2006.

1. weirdnjfan1

weirdnjfan1 Well-Known Member

i've never tried on a pair or even seen a pair in a store, but as just mentioned, a friend of mine has a pair of dry rustler jeans that actually look pretty damn good after about a year of wear. i don't know if the cut would fit everyone's style but they look great on him (oddly enough here's a photo of him in them but being in black and white you can't really get an idea of the fading, just the cut: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95...t/DSCN1926.jpg0. they're a workwear jean and are made by wrangler and i think if you go to their website it'll point you to some places online to buy them. i don't know about the denim quality but the construction is likely to be far better than a pair of STFs or uniqlos as these are jeans that are made for digging ditches and framing houses.

the thing i think you also have to realize weirdnjfan1 is that while you're looking for a pair of dry jeans because they're fun to wear and break in, being in an unwashed state shouldn't be the only determining factors in finding a pair of jeans that you will like. i would personally find a cut that you like first and then try to find something similiar in an unwashed or one wash state second. a pair of 501's is not going to fit like a pair of uniqlos is not going to fit like a pair of H&M dry is not going to fit like a pair of workjeans, etc. i've noticed a lot of people walking around in jeans that are not complimentary to their body (tall, chunky dudes in new standards for example) just because they wanted a pair of dry denim. good luck with your hunt!!

great user name by the way. i grew up in northern new jersey for 23 years and am moving back next month (to the beach this time) after a five year stay in philly. i spent most of my teenage years hanging out in weird nj spots. i don't think many of them exist anymore.

Lysol:
    First and foremost, thanks, at least someone gets the reference. The second thing is that I do understand that most of the cuts and the idea of most denim isn't for everyone. I like it because of the fact that it's a totally different idea of fashion. My mother doesn't like the idea of this, but I told her that I'd do my own laundry. Like I said its a different kind of fashion idea. I'll keep in mind the cut idea and take it into consideration when I'm looking for a pair.