1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cheap Badminton Shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Ahaz, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Ahaz

Ahaz Well-Known Member

There was a thread on Superfuture about slim shoes, and someone posted about some badminton shoes he/she had heard about. Well, I googled them up and found the company's website, and where they sell the specific shoe in question (http://www.hiquasports.com/badminton/baikyshoes.htm). The pictures kinda suck, and who knows about the shoes, but I figured for $16 shipped, why not try them out? They are VERY minimalistic and low profile, which I like. Makes my clown feet less obvious. Up close they're kind of an ugly design, but they fit well, look good at a distance, and my Diors drape nicely over them. Plus, $16. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. familyman

familyman Well-Known Member

I sort of like those. For $16 shipped I really like those. Might be a good project shoe to try some stuff on. Good find.

3. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

not feeling them, sorry

4. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

What's the purpose of the webbing on the heel? I guess I kinda understand the toe part...

5. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

They look no different to anything I saw in Scout LA this weekend, for $16 they are a deal. I think I'll gets me a few pairs and dye them up.

Good one

6. Ahaz

Ahaz Well-Known Member

What's the purpose of the webbing on the heel? I guess I kinda understand the toe part...

Although I took two semesters of badminton, I have no idea. Maybe just to give the shoe some structure? If they're already making that webbed/ribbed material, maybe it was cheaper to just plop some on the heel instead of making something nicer.

For $16 shipped I really like those.

for $16 they are a deal. I think I'll gets me a few pairs and dye them up.

Pretty much summed up my feelings.

7. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

they're used to be called 'dragonfly', and was quite popular among badminton players here in asia back in the 80s.

8. patricia

patricia Member

That is pretty cheap! But are those safe? Cheapest badminton shoes i found was like $65 from Yumo Pro Shop. They are the victor SH501D. pretty comfortable and looks nicer.