1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cheaney 11028 last (from Herrings)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Thanks SF (a new me), Jun 28, 2011.

1. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member

Do you have any sizing/fit conversion from US 6.5D?

I am looking at the Gladstone and Chamberlain models from Herrings and not sure if 6F or 5.5F would be a better fit...I have the Cheaney Grassmere on the 175 last and a UK 6F is a great fit...

Thanks in advance.....

2. Doctor Damage

Doctor Damage Well-Known Member

The following photos might help:
    Deal 175, Walbrooke 2003, Lime 11028

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Leather man

Leather man Well-Known Member

Do you have any sizing/fit conversion from US 6.5D?

I am looking at the Gladstone and Chamberlain models from Herrings and not sure if 6F or 5.5F would be a better fit...I have the Cheaney Grassmere on the 175 last and a UK 6F is a great fit...

Thanks in advance.....

The 2003 last and the 175 lasts are both very short lasts, but the 175 last is a little more genrous in the width. If your toes are fairly close to the end in your 175 last shoes I'd stick with the same size in the 11028 last - which is a bit longer and a bit wider. However if you've loads of room in the 175 last I'd suggest you go down half a size.

PS The Premier Range is excellent value for money - they are worth £30 - £40 more IMO

4. Thanks SF (a new me)

Thanks SF (a new me) Well-Known Member