1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charlie Prince's coat from 3:10 to Yuma

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by TheDude, Oct 19, 2007.

1. TheDude

TheDude Active Member

Hi all,

Have any of you seen a coat/jacket like this? I really like the style and tight fit of it.

[​IMG]

The color of a similar item is not very important to me, though I do really like the color of this one.

Thanks!

2. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where to get one, but I agree with you that it's a great looking coat. I paid more attention to every scene it was in than what was actually going on... first time I ever found a costume/prop to be the scene stealer.

For general style, I've seen some similar type garments from some of the Euro brands, like Haute, Costume National, or CDiem... but unfortunately I'm not sure if you were looking for something in that price range (you can nearly get a used car for as much as CDiem might run).

3. TheDude

TheDude Active Member

haha yeah, no doubt

4. warrengharding

warrengharding Well-Known Member

I remember thinking it was pretty cool myself and googled for it. Best I could find was that it was inspired by a rock star's style.

5. tigerx

tigerx Well-Known Member

i just watched the movie a couple of hours ago, and i totally agree with TheDude that jacket is awesome, i would love one, but maybe a bit longer tho.

6. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Looks like some sort of lined buckskin.

7. TheDude

TheDude Active Member

I was thinking about that, having it a bit longer... but I think that if it were longer it would totally conflict with its tight/slim fit.

I've been googling for this and all that's come up is...well nothing.

Damn, that coat is amazing. I did find out that he (Ben Foster) actually say something similar in a museum and told the wardrobe designer about it.

Unless some company realizes this coat's glory I don't have the highest of hopes in finding this

Maybe something from the civil war era...

8. Cali

Cali Well-Known Member

Small ppl get on it

9. TheDude

TheDude Active Member

damn, too bad its 315, no way i can afford that. plus i think it looks cooler in that bone white color

10. cultpop 0217

cultpop 0217 Well-Known Member

Small ppl get on it

both this jacket and the one above are badass. reminds me of the rocketeer a bit.

11. justin hustle

justin hustle Well-Known Member

no foolin' dolce made a civil-war insipired jacket like 4-5 years ago, that looked 100% like this jacket.

i as well as my girl thought of it the second we saw this film.

so i went to our warehouse to look for the coat, since it didnt sell, and it was gone!

i thought i was hoodwinked and imagined it all, til i saw it on ebay months back, ill try to dig up the link

12. gracian

gracian Well-Known Member

13. Rye GB

Rye GB Well-Known Member

If you like the overall look then Number (N)ine Spring 07 Collection is a pretty much what your looking for. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Well-Known Member

Ralph Lauren had a navy wool jacket that was similar to this in last winter's collection.

15. denning

denning Well-Known Member

Here are a couple shots I have of some similar jackets. First is Dolce, second is D-Squared.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. TheDude

TheDude Active Member

Damn Denning, I think we have found our match!

Both of those are sick nasty.

Justin, is that the Dolce jacket you were thinking of?

I really like the Dsquared one. the color is excellent. Does anyone know where to find it? (hopefully its not more than 500)

17. yerfdog

yerfdog Well-Known Member

Didn't michael j krell make a cloth jacket shaped like that one sometime last year? Maybe it was just a sample. "Racing Jacket" maybe?

18. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

Damn Denning, I think we have found our match! Both of those are sick nasty. Justin, is that the Dolce jacket you were thinking of? I really like the Dsquared one. the color is excellent. Does anyone know where to find it? (hopefully its not more than 500)
    For Dsquared you are going to be looking at about $2000+ retail or so... they are a major fashion brand at the level of Gucci, Dolce&Gabbana, etc. Unless you found it used or during the seasonal sales (and I'm guessing this one probably sold pretty well before the sales), you won't find it for $500 or less.

19. justin hustle

justin hustle Well-Known Member

yea its pretty close to it, but it was double breasted

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

[​IMG]

I remember, and like that jacket. Of course, I know a number of cowboys, well, Rodeo cowboys, for no discernable reason, and when riding, they typically wear relaxed western shirts tucked firmly in to tight high rise jeans. You don't want to have to worry about your low rise jeans falling off your ass when you have to last the 8 seconds on the bull. And, I am reasonably sure that a fair number of them would want to kick this Merman's ass if they saw him walk like that into a bar.