1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LooksGood, Feb 16, 2013.

1. pmestrad

pmestrad Well-Known Member

Hey all,
    I have recently found that the CT shirts ESF 15.5 inch neck fit me very well in the dress shirts. My question, however, is with the casual button downs they sell. They are still listed in ESF, though the sizing is now S,M,L,etc. The size M states a neck size of 15.5, however, the measurements listed on the site show a significantly larger chest area on the shirt. I was just curious if anyone had any direct experience with the sizing of the dress shirts versus the casual shirts in ESF, as I know that you cannot always trust online measurements. Thanks!

2. kimon

kimon New Member

What's the opinion of Charles Tyrwhitt suits? What do they compare to? All the reviews and commentary I've seen has been almost exclusively related to their shirts (which I mostly like).

Thanks

3. AFCForever

AFCForever Active Member

I have one of their sportcoats and I think it was pretty decent value for the money. They are cut slim (I went for the 46R instead of my usual 44L) but the tails are a nice classic length and the quality wasn't bad at all.

4. dmass1

dmass1 Well-Known Member

5. Belvedere357

Belvedere357 New Member

Can't see the link as I'm in the UK, but I have the slim-fit peak lapel dinner jacket which is fantastic. Worn it out a few times to events where most guests were in savile row DJs and had positive responses - it's the most classic look I've seen anywhere, and has more attention to detail than most jackets double the price. Ribbed [satin?] lapels, no back vents, traditional link fastening, no pocket flaps, an optional waistcoat etc. It's the classic British look. Just don't wear a wing collar with it unless it's like the shirts below:

http://shop.edeandravenscroft.com/products/delaney-semi-stiff-front-shirt-80998
    http://www.darcyclothing.com/shop/shirts/marcella-front-collarless-evening-shirt-sh230.html

6. swooc

swooc Well-Known Member

is the ct extra slim fit equivalent to kamakura's tokyo slim and tm lewins fitted range?

7. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Well-Known Member

I'm considering a CT suit. Don't really want to spend big money since I only wear suits maybe 15 days out of the year. Does anyone know if the NY stores have a full selection of suits?

8. BlueCord

BlueCord Member

Any current discount codes for the U.K. or Aus site? None of the ones I found on Google would work....

9. not a clue

not a clue New Member

So I'm seeing mixed reports of shrinkage in the dress shirt collar and sleeves after washing/drying. Is there a consensus on whether there is shrinking of the collar and sleeves, and how much?

10. jacksonkeeper

jacksonkeeper Active Member

What is the general consensus on the:

1 - Twill Weave shirts

2 - Poplin shirts

11. AFCForever

AFCForever Active Member

To answer the first question shrinkage has never been a problem.

As far as which shirts I like I find their thinner poplins very wrinkle prone so I am not keen but some of the patterned ones have been great (the fabric used in the plain shirts seems to wrinkle more).

Twill are awesome and are my go to shirts.

12. rxcats

rxcats Well-Known Member

I ordered 5 shirts a few days ago. I selected Priority shipping and tracking has them scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I decided on twill, but I may be interested in herringbone, Egyptian cotton and imperial weave in the future. Anyone with experience in any of those varieties? I only want wrinkle-free. I don't mind a little ironing, but I can't stand a shirt that wrinkles the first time you sit down. I ended up buying some as extra slim in a 16/35 and some in slim in a 15.5/35. Hopefully they all fit well enough to keep. I'll buy more of what ever fits best. I also purchased a pair of cufflinks and a tie. I got all of the shirts with French cuffs.

13. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

Never had a problem with my Tyrwhitt shirts. I agree, twill is the best.