1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by LooksGood, Feb 16, 2013.

1. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

I've done this before. Print out the page of the website that shows the details of the deal, and bring it in.

2. Flyswatter

Flyswatter Well-Known Member

Bit of a strange question, but can someone tell me how far from the yoke the darts begin on a collar size 16 extra slim fit shirt?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  3. topos

topos Well-Known Member

in a 15.5 it's 9 inches (it helps to have a striped shirt for an accurate measure). it can't be too far off for a 16.

4. Flyswatter

Thanks for that. Anyone confirm that it's the same for a 16?

5. Blackhood

Blackhood Well-Known Member

I only have 15.5 to hand but given that the length of the arm and body is almost identical I would be very surprised if the dart started any more than 0.25" further down.

6. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

i'll check tonight

7. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Just got my shirt and tie from the deal!

8. Academic2

Academic2 Well-Known Member

And your impressions?

Cheers,

Ac

9. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Well-Known Member

Oh, this is my 5th CT shirt. I like them, they're workhorses. Don't get them with pockets, the quality is iffy when they add them

10. Flyswatter

Also, in case anyone was unaware: you can order as many shirts as you'd like at $39.50 with that deal. Only 1 free tie though. CT shirts are definitely a good buy at this price point. I just wish they'd offer more variety in the slim fit, non-iron, spread collar combo, as they're my go-to workhorses for wearing with suits. Glad they finally offered a staple light blue in this combo, at least.

11. archibaldleach

archibaldleach Well-Known Member

I'm just the opposite. I despise non-iron shirts and strive to avoid them.

12. Ecstasy

Ecstasy Well-Known Member

Can anyone comment on shoulder slope of CT shirts?

More sloped or more squarish?

13. Flyswatter

I know non-iron shirts aren't very popular on SF, but I find CT's to be rather decent. Very soft and they stay looking crisp without an iron ever touching them. I only prefer this variety for wearing with business-y suits, though. For more casual shirts such as OCBDs, I prefer must-irons, and embrace any wrinkling that occurs.

14. theh00d

theh00d Well-Known Member

Man it sucks they only have 6 options for the. 14.5/32 esf and I already got 4 of them.

15. dmass1

dmass1 Well-Known Member

You sure that's a spread collar? Looks more like their classic collar. Spread looks like it is shorter, and a wider spread than the picture you posted...

16. Academic2

Academic2 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I have one CT shirt already. Can't the recall the details as I haven't worn it in a while, but I seem to recall that the fabric is pretty light.

Anyway, the two I ordered as part of this current promotion both arrived today. I got one each of:

Alder White Wide Herringbone Non Iron Extra Slim Fit Shirt RG073WHT

White Pointed Tab collar Extra Slim Fit Egyptian Cotton FL053WHT

(No pockets on either.)

My initial impression is positive, particularly for a price of $39.50. I'm not crazy about the geometry of the tab collar, so won't be ordering another (does *anyone* do a tab collar that really brings the points close together? Anyone other than Tom Ford, I mean?). But that's just my personal preference.

I like the white herringbone wide spread quite a bit, on the other hand. I might order a couple more, but first I want to put this one through a wash cycle to see how it holds up.

Cheers,

Ac

17. bobbymilwaukee

bobbymilwaukee Active Member

Would anyone be willing to proxy an order for me? I have four shirts in my shopping bag only to find out (as I should have predicted) there's no option for paypal. I was planning on using Bill Me Later. If anyone is willing to help, firstly, thank you and if you could just shoot me a PM so we can work out the details.

18. bobbymilwaukee

bobbymilwaukee Active Member

I live in the US, by the way.

19. Flyswatter

I REALLY like this shirt...

[​IMG]

But this is an extra slim fit. The slim fit version comes with a point collar, and I only buy CT spread collars. ESF is too tight in the chest and shoulders for me. I'm wondering if I can size up in the neck and sleeves and successfully shrink them without shrinking the body of the shirt too much. Any thoughts?

20. Flyswatter

Received an order today for two shirts in my usual fit and size (16" collar), but the collars were both a quarter inch smaller than all my previous CT shirts. Disappointing. Laid out flat, the collars on my size 16 CT shirts usually measure 16.25" from the center of the button hole to the thread of the button, but these latest two were 16" exactly, and the difference is noticeable. Called customer service and explained the situation. Expected them to dispatch a replacement order right away due to the defect, but they only gave me the option of returning these two shirts first or charging me for a new order, then refunding me when I send back the two I have now. I asked them if they could at least give me courtesy expedited shipping and the answer was "I'll request it, but no guarantees." Not the greatest customer service, but hoping it works out in the end.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013