1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Charles Tyrwhitt - No Care For Customers

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by texasmade10, Mar 22, 2012.

1. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

I gotta say, I think the OP should make a point of never, ever shopping at CT again.

Mostly because some customers aren't worth it.

2. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

OP thought he was gonna start an Occupy CT movement!

SIKE!!!

3. NewYorkBuck

NewYorkBuck Well-Known Member

As a business owner, Im glad the company caught this before they were taken advantage of.

4. Tailor Dan

Tailor Dan Well-Known Member

Funny though.

5. davesmith

davesmith Well-Known Member

Quote:
    And much better off for it.

6. P. Bateman

P. Bateman Well-Known Member

This has been my experience as well. Extremely easy returns process and very polite.

7. AML225

AML225 Well-Known Member

I have to agree! Charles Tyrwhitt has become my favorite brand of dress shirt because they are affordable, their "non-iron" shirts really don't need much ironing at all, they have great customer service, and most importantly their tailored fit shirts fit me PERFECTLY. I actually had a problem with a return recently and got an e-mail from Mr. Wheeler himself thanking me for my business and asking me some more detailed questions about my issue. Then, out of their own pocket they got me replacement shirts with ultra-expedited alterations and shipping. I couldn't be happier.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  8. PhiPsi32

PhiPsi32 Well-Known Member

I have to say that I buy non-iron shirts almost exclusively (from CT). I wash and dry on the hanger. No iron needed. When I travel, I hang the shirt inside a steaming shower. I haven't had a problem yet.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  9. domenickb

domenickb Active Member

If anything, this thread has convinced me to try Charles Tyrwhitt.

I usually go TM Lewin and Thomas Pink, but I can't ignore the good stuff I'm reading. So, I'm guessing the thread has had the exact opposite of the intended effect.

10. gort

gort Well-Known Member

I've only placed one order from CT and it was a great experience. I ordered 3 dress shirts and actually hadn't worn them for a few months (work's casual dress, so I don't wear dress shirts often), just kept them in the original packaging. When I finally tried them on I realized the sleeves were too short. I was well past an acceptable return timetable but contacted them and they took my return no questions asked and shipped me 3 brand new shirts. I will buy from them again.

11. davesmith

Quote:
    You won't regret it. From all the RTW shirts I've tried in the price range CT knocks them all out. Great fit, washes well, non-iron is great, everything is just great!!

12. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

CT's non-iron shirts are great! One feature I especially like is that their french cuff shirts have 2 separate button holes on the inside of the cuff, allowing the wearer to slightly adjust the length of the shirt by a 1/4 inch or so depending on the length of the jacket or SC. Lewin doesn't make a 16/34 so I haven't really tried them. To be honest I think Pink shirts are wildly overpriced for the quality. $130-180 a shirt and they don't even pattern match the sleeves? At that price point I'd much rather get a Hilditch and Key, which does pattern match the sleeves.
    Fred

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  13. davesmith

Quote:
    Never bought from Pink, never seen any reason to at 3 times the price of CT. They have a nicer store but who cares!

14. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Well-Known Member

I like CT shirts also, and they are pretty much all I wear (plus PRL), but lets be clear, they are a bargain shirtmaker. Their stuff is not "Great", but rather very serviceable at a good price.

15. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Indeed. And now the OP is angry because he was caught ... and is sufficiently self-centered that he's decided to take out his frustration on Tyrwhitt.

In response I think I'll buy something from Tyrwhitt ... perhaps some cufflinks.

If each was abusing the system as did you, each is the kind of customer no store wants.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  16. Gerry

Gerry Well-Known Member

Not at all cool, in fact imo worse than the original transgression. For all we know it is allowed for employees to do their internet shopping on a Friday afternoon. I don't think the op has any case against CT, he tried it on and was found out but in a way he did CT a service as they know the checks in place on their web software works(or not if it was discovered manually). Maybe their IT ppl could modify the software so the transaction does not get so far but if someone has several credit cards this may not be easy.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  17. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I have no problems with this thread, but please don't post personal information. Thanks guys.

Fok.

18. AML225

AML225 Well-Known Member

I personally prefer my CT shirts over my TM Lewin shirts. CT just feels a little bit nicer and they fit me better.

19. texasmade10

texasmade10 Well-Known Member

Just to give everyone some feedback, I am still a CT customer and have over 25 shirts from them. All the people who I have sent to CT have also been great customers. The few people who were able to get orders at 25bucks all went back and bought 4 for 200 as I do every season. Posting in the heat of the moment was il mannered by me, I still love the company and admire that they are trying to break the barier between quality and price. If you have not tried the shirts I highly recommend them.

20. Hirsh

Hirsh Well-Known Member

TMLewin shirts always shrink - in fact the staff will admit this!!

I have 3 because I liked their designs, but might return the 2 unworn ones to exchange for Christmas presents for friends.

Personally I'd rather have much fewer shirts and have bespoke ones that last and don't shrink!