1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

C'e' Luca! on Gilt MAN tomorrow is made by...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by SoCal2NYC, May 24, 2010.

Tags:
  1. beyondmars2020

beyondmars2020 Well-Known Member

I ordered two C'e' Luca! suits from Gilt, one navy and a tux.
    Fit is good, but I'm unsure about the quality.
    Gotta decide soon whether to keep or return them.

Anybody else have any comments about the quality of these suits? Canvassed or fused?

2. ElementHU

ElementHU Well-Known Member

So I'm a lurker on these forums and have gotten some great information in the past so I thought I'd officially sign up and share back to the community.

As Gilt will be doing a new C'e Luca sale this week, I was intrigued about who made this and it is, in fact, made by the Isaia Group that is private labeling this 'brand' for Gilt specifically. It is a half-canvassed suit, not fully canvassed. I made a quick call to the Isaia showroom in New York and was graciously helped by someone who shared this info. He did say it was a pretty nifty collection, but it was certainly not actual Isaia and it was not the same fully canvassed quality as a true Isaia suit. Hope that helps someone out there. [​IMG]

3. Macallan9

Macallan9 Well-Known Member

So I'm a lurker on these forums and have gotten some great information in the past so I thought I'd officially sign up and share back to the community.

As Gilt will be doing a new C'e Luca sale this week, I was intrigued about who made this and it is, in fact, made by the Isaia Group that is private labeling this 'brand' for Gilt specifically. It is a half-canvassed suit, not fully canvassed. I made a quick call to the Isaia showroom in New York and was graciously helped by someone who shared this info. He did say it was a pretty nifty collection, but it was certainly not actual Isaia and it was not the same fully canvassed quality as a true Isaia suit. Hope that helps someone out there. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paging Bull

4. Bull

Bull Well-Known Member

I'd rather sell my two children than patronize Gilt. SoCal...no offense, bro.

5. Made in California

Made in California Well-Known Member

I'd rather sell my two children than patronize Gilt. SoCal...no offense, bro.

Why don't you like Gilt? I enjoy it.

6. minervau

minervau Well-Known Member

Seeing as how Gilt seems to be pimping out C'e Luca! again tomorrow, I was wondering whether anyone who had purchased a suit at the first sale could provide measurements of what they got. That way, we at least have some better sense of fit than the site itself will provide us.

7. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

On sale! Get em while they're hot!

8. Dewey

Dewey Well-Known Member

This page smells like astroturf. 3x first-time poasters all high for the party. At least their English is good.

9. ElementHU

ElementHU Well-Known Member

This page smells like astroturf. 3x first-time poasters all high for the party. At least their English is good.

For the record, I chose not to purchase. The close-ups of the material didn't really appeal to me though I was pretty tempted to pick them up at the price. My conversation with the Isaia sales guy intrigued me enough, but glad I chose not to as 2 Canali suits I have been watching went to 50% on the Nordstrom site and though it still cost me more overall I'm much more excited to get those shipped in. I came across this thread as I was trying to do research on C'e Luca and this thread was the only thing that came up anywhere. Once I got the info, I figured I'd share since I've gotten a lot out of other threads where people share what they know.

10. hdkbl

hdkbl New Member

This is the best fit 48s I've ever had (not MTM or bespoke). I'm 174cm 160 lb, 9% body fat, have been workingout for the past year and a half. If you are in a similar situation like me, you'd probably like the suit.

On another note, did they copy the fit from another brand of suit? Isaia? Probably Isaia's OTR suits would fit me equally well.

11. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Well-Known Member

+1.

12. StockwellDay

StockwellDay Well-Known Member

Took a chance on that navy windowpane at $250 on final sale. Fingers crossed!

13. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

mmm. i like the prices. however i dont like the new gilt interface. so confusing to my computer (not to me)

Took a chance on that navy windowpane at $250 on final sale. Fingers crossed!

nice. i got the 50r as well. let's hope they fit well. thanks.

14. mikej77

mikej77 Well-Known Member

mmm. i like the prices. however i dont like the new gilt interface. so confusing to my computer (not to me)

I grabbed the Navy 54r.

15. sho'nuff

good luck man on the suit

16. musicguy

musicguy Well-Known Member

Almost bought it... but the button stance seems too high for my liking.

17. sartorialism

sartorialism Well-Known Member

Taking a chance on the plaid and the striped. Wish me luck!

18. sho'nuff

19. redvalentino

redvalentino Member

hi if doesn't fit well return it back, I'll buy it

20. sho'nuff

those suits are final sales. so i cant return it back (barring any damage or anything meriting refund) so i will be flipping here for purchase prcie