1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, Mar 11, 2011.

1. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Can't imagine anyone would think pink gingham and SB(?) peak lapels to be CBD, much less the guady earrings...

This is not a UCBD thread. It's about pushing the envelope. What if the gingham was taken away? I think peak can be CBD.

2. TRINI

TRINI Well-Known Member

This is not a UCBD thread. It's about pushing the envelope. What if the gingham was taken away? I think peak can be CBD.

Have you not read this thread at all?

3. Navi

Navi Well-Known Member

Seriously? Look at the curve at the back of his pants. That's more shape than I've seen on the vast majority of pants on this forum, and I think it looks great. Not a look I want for myself, and they could still be trimmer for him. The front could also be tweaked. However, any critique that says these pants don't have any shape is just plain wrong. It may not be shape that you like, but that's entirely different.

Every pair of pants have some shape, seems pretty impossible for a pair of trousers to have literally no shape whatsoever. Yeah there's a curve, doesn't mean it's ideal. I just feel that they would benefit from a bit of shaping, to really bring out the silhouette.

I should have refrained from saying they have no shape but I didn't think anyone would take it 100% literally. Just posting my opinion..

4. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Well-Known Member

Lebron looks 62 years old in that photograph as opposed to 26 years old.

5. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

Have you not read this thread at all?
    317 pages? No. Did Manton already declare peak non-CBD?

6. Aaron01

Aaron01 Well-Known Member

This thread isn't about pushing the envelope, it's about soporific dress done right. Orgetorix's post right above the LeBron pic is a good example
    317 pages? No. Did Manton already declare peak non-CBD?
    I'm not attempting to speak for Manton, but seemingly, a single breasted peak lapel suit, particularly one in that shade of blue, would be more fashion forward than what this thread is intended for.

7. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

I know this thread should probably be renamed "Post shit to piss Manton off" with how things are going lately, but I'm going to post another boring fit instead. I might get a black belt some day. Maybe even a navy one!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. zalb916

zalb916 Well-Known Member

^ looks good. You have a swagger and slightly punky edge that I think comes across well when you wear more conservative stuff.

9. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Well-Known Member

i'm surprised this thread is still alive.
    i put this on specifically to take a profile pic for linkedin. i work in a biz cas office.
    [​IMG]
    what up skinnygoomba and nore
    btw thx for the tie, prajna12. it's my favorite now.

Shirts from Polo, I have the same one. Love it!

10. Orgetorix

Orgetorix Well-Known Member

11. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Keeping the CBD thread alive!

12. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Well-Known Member

13. sugarbutch

sugarbutch Well-Known Member

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

- B

I used to love that show when I was a kid.

-b (a different one)

14. Achilles_

Achilles_ Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    C&J Monkton?

15. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

Rampart!

Maybe if the campaign manager was not wearing a brown suit and cream shirt, this would not have happened.

16. voxsartoria

17. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

^
    It's all coming back now.

18. voxsartoria

19. Parker

Parker Well-Known Member

I've made an O'Mast-style documentary of the regular WAYWRN thread. It's incomplete, and needs a lot of editing and funding for completion, but I think that you'll agree that it's exciting and captures the raw energy of the present.

[​IMG] Complete with mimes, track suits and dune buggies!

20. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

I hope that you'll contribute funding for its completion.
    - B

I'm working on my own version.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.