1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Caution: purchasing armani suits ebay

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by MilanoStyle, Apr 22, 2004.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'd go with MikeF - maybe even a year earlier, 1998. They extremely square-toe and chunky heel was at the height of fashion at just that time.

2. MilanoStyle

MilanoStyle Well-Known Member

Now that I read .. I think you guys might be right.

But I find todays shoes are WAY too pointy for me.

I am from Toronto,
    Here.. decent italian designer shoes runs at least $600 CAD up.

Shitty ALDO, Kenneth Cole, Browns shoes runs about $150-$350 CAD.

I figure (whether the shoes are real or fake) as long as it fits,
    it should be ok deal for me at $210 CAD.

If the shoes do not fit, I am going to sell these with more $$$ on ebay. There was another seller who sold this same shoes before .. it went up to $350CAD .. which then I did not feel like to buy...

3. FCS

FCS Well-Known Member

CAD $350 for that thing on ebay??? Oh the glory of hyped labels.

4. discostu004

discostu004 Well-Known Member

outside of a few good solid sellers, i would suspect that a lot of fake crap makes it there, and it thrives b/c people are so label conscious they don't care to know, and those same peopel aren't the ones who buy kiton etc. i would NEVER buy from someone outside the US for fear it'd be fake

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is a reality for me as well that I had to learn through trial and error. However it seems some New York and LA based sellers have been putting out fake things as well. The only way to combat this is to know lots about what you're buying before you buy it.

6. discostu004

discostu004 Well-Known Member

a lot of it is finding a seller who carries stuff that usually isn't faked. as discussed before generally something like brioni/kiton/borrelli etc isn't faked, but armani, gucci, prada, LV is fairly easily. if they carry a lot of gucci junk odds are something i nthere is fake