1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Casual jackets for the tall and skinny?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CarllraC, Sep 17, 2006.

1. CarllraC

CarllraC Well-Known Member

I'm tall and skinny, and I usually wear fairly tightly fitted clothes so as to not appear to swim in them.

Last season I wore an REI fleece as my casual jacket. It was form fitting so it looked fine with tightish jeans. Not real fancy though and the fleece dedgraded over time. Also, it wasn't very long, so untucked dress shirts kind of hung out the back and looked stupid.

Any ideas?

2. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Well-Known Member

You're not doing yourself any favors, by wearing tight clothes. You need first, to get a good fit, going. Ask the fitter inside a department store, to help you. Better yet, visit a tailor. Pay him, to 'size' you. As thin as you are, it shouldn't be any problem to tuck in your shirts. Go, from there . . .