1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Cashmere Sweaters

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Haqq, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Haqq

Haqq Active Member

I really love cashmere sweaters.

I was looking at the J.CREW ones their are just perfect! LINK - But they are way over my budget, anyone know a cheaper alternative?

Thanks!

2. chocoball

chocoball Well-Known Member

I bought a bunch from VCH in autumn...Lance got me all set for winter this year! [​IMG]

3. KJT

KJT Well-Known Member

nevermind... VCH = virtual clothes horse. Answered my own question

4. lee_44106

lee_44106 Well-Known Member

I really love cashmere sweaters.

I was looking at the J.CREW ones their are just perfect! LINK - But they are way over my budget, anyone know a cheaper alternative?

Thanks!

On a related note, I really love to drive the Aston-Marton DB9, but the MSRP is way over my budget, anyone knows a cheaper alternative?

5. NorCal_1

NorCal_1 Well-Known Member

On a related note, I really love to drive the Aston-Marton DB9, but the MSRP is way over my budget, anyone knows a cheaper alternative?

Martin + Osa are blowing out their Fall color cashmere sweaters for $170 retail -> now $79 less 30% off = $55.... but you have to call the stores to find sizes because the online stock is gone

6. Biggskip

Biggskip Well-Known Member

If you are patient, these sweaters are a regular part of the season end clearance. The cardigan that goes for $250, can be had for $100.

7. sfnewbie

sfnewbie Well-Known Member

8. anonomouse

anonomouse Member

I just paid 200.00 for an incredible thick (weighs 2.3 lbs) cashmere sweater from Armani 500.00 off regular price [​IMG] I love shopping after Christmas!

9. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

I have sworn off all cheap cashmere purchases for the future. They just don't last.

10. jmix1

jmix1 Well-Known Member

I have sworn off all cheap cashmere purchases for the future. They just don't last.

Agreed. Stay away from GAP cashmere, even at $30. I found some decent cashmere sweaters at Bloomingdales for $80 each (regularly $225). Not outstanding quality, but on par with JCrew. The pickings may be slim right now, but worth a shot if there's a store nearby.